Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Danoc Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 pm
Peace, this is a lesson to help those that want that balance between the kick and bass, and not have them clash in the stereo field. There are plugins that can duck the bass or vice versa. Once you get your kick and bass right, other sounds when mixing will fall in place, especially when you're entirely inside the box. Lets talk about it and spread the knowledge.

Peace

By DokBrown Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 pm
The motherducker was by far 1 of the best updates for the MPC series
It really lends these machines to being a laptop replacement.
By Danoc Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:21 am
DokBrown wrote:The motherducker was by far 1 of the best updates for the MPC series
It really lends these machines to being a laptop replacement.

If you use the Motherducker how dope was it for you dealing with the kick and bass not to clash.
I didn't get to test it out cause l already sold my MPC Live.
By DokBrown Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:04 pm
I’ve just started using it, so too early to tell.

I will say it is EZ to use which I favor. I also like the AIR pumper, its like the motherducker without an input track. it’s not so much a mixing tool but rather a way to make your basslines more dynamic. I actually use the pumper more than the ducker but I plan on incorporating the ducker more often as the year goes on. I will use the ducker in a less obvious way, more as a “mixing tool.”

My bass often drowns out my kicks, no point in having a beautiful kick if no1 ever gets to hear it clearly.
By Danoc Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:29 am
:worthy: True dat!
I want the kick to be heard just as much as the bass. Baiance and ducking is the key. I want customers tp hear and feel an experience not just throw a track together. Plus it helps with the singers ability to come correct.

I get zero complaints on my method, it took years of study and how to control bass. Soon l will let yah.hear a track demo with lyrics. Im glad l took this route. :-D

DokBrown wrote:My bass often drowns out my kicks, no point in having a beautiful kick if no1 ever gets to hear it clearly.
By Ultros Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 am
Also the try VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) plugin on your kits! It makes you go "ah yeah thats what i wanted." an even nicer combo is the chrous plugin the vca after it. shit will make those drums pap! (uh.. if youre using a modern unit) it will let you set a threshhold and compress within the bounds. I think i mentioned this else where somewhere yesterday. *shrugs* not here!

oh oh oh or.. chrous -> vca -> mpc 60 so cool sounding.