Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Ajax Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:17 am
Thanks. I went ahead and purchased it. Unfortunately, it appears that various of the plug-in presets won’t load (which made the resulting mix unlistenable). I tried several times applying/setting everything up on previous projects that I made and as a new/empty project... and no dice any of the times. So I’m fairly positive it wasn’t a mistake in following the directions.

Have you had or heard of any problems with it? I’m running the current firmware, FYI.
By Menco Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:57 am
I agree that the X/ Live/ One have everything you need to mix inside the box.

The year I had my Live, beats only left my MPC as mixed down 2 tracks.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:19 am
Turn down channels, tracks, inst volumes so the YA template has headroom to work it's magic.

-10db is a good start.
By Ajax Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 pm
I’ll give that a try. Hopefully, it works. (Among other things, the reason I thought they weren’t loading is that the plug-in settings didn’t change. For example, the tube drive settings in bands 2 and 3 of the multi-band compressor after loading the presets are identical to the standard ones before loading. If that was intentional, then I don’t see the need for a preset at all... but, I’ll give it another shot.)
By Lampdog Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 pm
I had all my stuff right below clipping and it was playing nicely before the template. When I loaded it everything was high, clipping hard, use-listenable. I knew it was something in the volume chain somewhere to investigate. HINT. :lol:
By Ajax Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:23 pm
I hear you. Clipping wasn’t the problem for me. It completely wiped out all high frequencies (to the point where entire notes were effectively silent). I think it was due to one or more of the Para EQ plug-in presets that should have been dedicated to the high frequencies not loading.

I guess I can play around with it myself, but it kinda sucks that I’d have to. And it’s not just in the projects I already had where I tried to add the template setting by setting. It’s also in the main YA Mastering project.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:30 pm
It’s a template, not a completely hands off process. Yes, the para eq should be messed with, I have a problem with that one also, it’s nothing you can’t fix with some of your own unique fine tuning in each project. Diff projects have diff needs and 1 thing won’t work on all, we all know this is true. Gotta tailor it.