Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By KaoticShock Fri May 27, 2022 5:08 am
When I use vocals, I usually pitch them down and warp them to the tempo of the track I'm working on. In Ableton, I use the "Complex" mode with the formant on 0 to get a very Bassy "screwed down" vocal effect.

In the MPC, I've tried the pitch Shifter and warping the samples, but I don't always get the best results. Is there any method closer to Abletons "Complex" or "Complex Pro" Warp modes?
By NearTao Fri May 27, 2022 4:46 pm
Have you changed your warp settings under preferences? There's two different warp algorithms, and one is a bit better, especially for melodic content. It won't knock your socks off like Ableton might, especially with Complex, but it's decent.
By BostonGreen Fri May 27, 2022 7:58 pm
Standalone algorithms are crap, and pretty much unusable imho. In controller mode you have better algorithm options
By DokBrown Fri May 27, 2022 11:00 pm
IF you are coming from ableton, you are gonna be disappointed.

2 algo & must use that 1 for all your warps no mixing.
It makes things simple but makes real warping very messy
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:19 pm
FWIW, the audio tracks in Force's Arrangement have a function "Flatten Track Elastique", which according to the manual uses the Elastique Pro algorithm, which is under the name "Complex Pro" in Ableton. In Akai Force, it's an offline process, playback has to be stopped, and it works for audio tracks only. Not drum tracks, not keygroups. And there's no elastic beat warping possibilities. But anyway, Akai does have that capability in some form. I don't know why MPC doesn't have that.