Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By ChiroGeek Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:14 pm
I am using the Akai MPC one ( latest version of firmware 2.11 ) as a drum machine for a gig I'm doing tonight. My question is this: is there a way I can hook the 10 songs together, so I don't have to go back into the sd card and pull each song out – it takes too long! In other words, how can I pull songs up quickly in the MPC one?

The only solution I can come up with is to convert each song into a .mp3 and then play those through the board without using the MPC one.

Greatly appreciate any recommendations and thank you in advance!

Doug
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:48 pm
You can combine songs by manually loading the resources (sequences, programs, samples etc) from multiple existing projects into a single project. In the browser, make sure you tap on the gear icon (top right) and uncheck 'hide project data folders'. You can then browse your other projects' 'projectData' folder and begin loading resources into the current project, effectively merging all the projects together. You cannot load songs though, so you would have to recreate the songs in song mode.

The main downside is that you are unlikely to fit everything into memory. You also have to ensure all your samples and programs have unique names.

The other option is to have another device capable of playing a drone or similar which you can use to bridge the silence while you load the next project. Add your projects to the new 'SET LISTS' feature (in the sounds browser), this way you can pull up your set list and load a project without any hassle. I cover the set list feature here:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-tutorial- ... owser-101/