Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By mario-g Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:00 pm
Hello, I couldn't find an anser on the forum so I'll ask.

How do I control the volume of two tracks with one Q-Link?

More precisely, I want to use my MPC Live II to test two set of speakers, which are connected to OUT 3-4 and OUT 5-6.
The signal is coming from AUDIO IN connected to a smartphone with a tone generator app.
I've been able to route the audio in the mixer using two tracks sharing the same input, but it's not seamless: each time I mute, there is a loud pop.
I tried using two Q-Links to raise the volume of a track and lower the volume of the other, doing what could be called a "manual crossfade", but I find it difficult to coordinate, and also the volume can go above 0dB very easily and boost the signal.
By mario-g Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:54 pm
Debatable, but I don't know the categories as well as you do. Anyways this section requires to scroll to be noticed so it will attract less viewers. I hope someone will respond sooner or later.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm
I'm messing with MPC X q-links and diff stuff now to see if I can come up on a method to do what your asking.

UPDATE: Not coming up with a solution of any kind for a single q-link fadeable method.
1 param per q-link.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:12 pm
It’s always gonna end in heartbreak and not 808’s when you “expect” a machine to act like something else.