Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Terrico Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:52 am
I chopped up a drum loop that I sampled from a record. Is there a way to get rid of the grainy/static sound that I am hearing in all of my slices coming from the vinyl? I hear it in my mix and it sound a bit rough. is there a way to minimize this sound. Also, what can I do to make my kick and snare cut through my mix better? Any tips??
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:15 am
BTW, by 'selective editing' I mean things like:

- isolating any bad pops in SAMPLE EDIT and using PROCESS > Discard to literally remove it from the sample. This can work when removing very short portions, it's worth a try.
- pasting in good sections from similar samples. For example, if a snare tail has a big pop over it, replace the tail portion with one taken from a different snare. Not really something you can do in the MPC (maybe try layering via simultaneous play and resampling the output), but easy in an audio editor.
-discarding entire chops, just don't use any chops with too much crackle.

Plenty of other things you could try, it depends on what the source audio is like and how much you are wanting to remove.