Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By WavyJonez19 Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:16 pm
So I’ve recently just got into the mpc hardware/software with the mpc studio mk2 and mpc2 software. My question is. When sampling records. Has the name of the game always been to just find a specific part of a sample or record and just loop it with drums underneath the sample programmed by the mpc. Or is it to chop the sample that you want, rearrange the chops in a different pattern style and then take your beat or sequence from there. Sorry I know it’s a vague question but I’ve been listening to hip hop for quite a long time now. And it seems to me all the producers do is just take a sample, loop it and throw drums over it. The records they sample sound exactly like the original recording and seems like they don’t do anything unique to it besides the drum patterns. I don’t want to get bashed for my question but I do know the rare sound that records overseas and rare 33’s have are the new norm for unique samples and patterns. Im sure it’s always been that way too. I’m just looking to get educated and start new projects via music productions. Thanks in advance.
By 83dude Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:50 pm
Both are true.
By WavyJonez19 Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:26 pm
Golden stirling wrote:Just sample the “catchy” parts of the record and try to arrange it into let’s say a 4/4 loop.
Be creative and chop with creativity.
Kinda starting again sampling music with the brilliant Roland sp404 mk2 hoping that I can get to grips with it. :)

Amazing machine I’ve heard. I see a lot of people running chain with it too with their mpcs. I think you’ll handle it well.