Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Wul Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:22 am
Saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ed6-3 ... FzUiM9n6uK
About 16 levels, when he gets to the layers option he doesn’t know what it does .
So quite why he’s doing a f….g video on this subject I don’t know.
Does anyone know what it does ?
I expected maybe a different layer fading in/out across the 16 pads, nope it ain’t that.
In fact it doesn’t appear to do anything.
By xantus Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:26 pm
the manual is a magical thing ;)

"If Type is set to Layer, pads with multiple samples will play back each layer according to the Velocity Start and Velocity End settings for each layer. "
By Wul Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:06 pm
xantus wrote:the manual is a magical thing ;)

"If Type is set to Layer, pads with multiple samples will play back each layer according to the Velocity Start and Velocity End settings for each layer. "

Yea, it’s that magical that I couldn’t find anything.
You can set the layers to respond to velocity on the global page of program edit, so is it another case of multiple ways to do rhe same thing .
I wonder if that’s in the magical manual. :lol:
Thanks anywayz
By sparky Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:22 pm
If you set 4 layers and adjust the velocities for each of them, you can step through the sample layers on 16 levels (so for example 0-33 for layer 1, this will translate to pads 1-4, 34-68 triggers pads 5-8 etc. and with Tutor’s hack of velocity and simultaneous pad trigger to get more layers you could perhaps get more granular here). This is not necessarily much use to anyone (although I can envisage some uses myself, I’ve just tried it) but it’s also not difficult to work out and perhaps you should leave your irritation with random video posters on the internet alone. If people who are offering advice and help get derided or slapped down, less people will offer advice and help and the world becomes a darker place.
By Wul Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:52 pm
sparky wrote:If you set 4 layers and adjust the velocities for each of them, you can step through the sample layers on 16 levels (so for example 0-33 for layer 1, this will translate to pads 1-4, 34-68 triggers pads 5-8 etc. and with Tutor’s hack of velocity and simultaneous pad trigger to get more layers you could perhaps get more granular here). This is not necessarily much use to anyone (although I can envisage some uses myself, I’ve just tried it) but it’s also not difficult to work out and perhaps you should leave your irritation with random video posters on the internet alone. If people who are offering advice and help get derided or slapped down, less people will offer advice and help and the world becomes a darker place.

I can assure you that there’s nothing more irritating than sitting through a video “offering advice” only to find they haven’t got a clue. So I’ll maintain my irritation with random video posters until they do their homework .
Incidentally I have found his other videos quite informative.
By sparky Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:21 pm
I can assure you there are many, many more irritating things. But if living with this particular irritation is your thing, then, as Žižek puts it, ‘enjoy your symptom’