Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By regal2trill Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:58 am
So Im a pretty big fan of Robert Earl Davis aka DJ SCREW, does anybody have some inside insight and wisdom on how he was able to create some of the sounds he had formed and techniques he had used with the mpc beats software??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vp5sWO ... L&index=17

around 44:00 that song transitions into the next one, how did screw do it(listen to it its worth it) with the technology they had in the late 90s early 2000s???

the little ding ding ding in that song and the violin symphony that he brings in how does he mix and master that into it??

I could go on for days but Screw was so ahead of his time he's the only DJ I want to replicate in style . ALL GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST :worthy:

any input would be so appreciated, with as little rudeness as possible in this thread please.... :smoker:
By Lampdog Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:38 pm
For whatever reason, some can't figure out how songs were slowed down.
Boggles the mind.
By Mike Boogie Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:14 pm
Lampdog wrote:For whatever reason, some can't figure out how songs were slowed down.
Boggles the mind.

These young'ns really think we drove horse & carriages in 1999. It just doesn't make sense to me but...

Hold on, I have to yell at some kids on my lawn.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:34 am
Is the lawn “screwed”? That could be a problem.
By richie Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:52 am
I don't know why all of the responses here are so fu_king misleading!

Everyone in the know will "know" that DJ Screw dipped the 1/4" cables from his mixer in lean before recording mixtapes. The codiene in it is what made the recording sound slow.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:35 pm
Oh he’ll naw, I had it wrong, it was codeine, I never realized that.