Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By The Jackal Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:39 am
I've got:

- Dying rackmount sampler and hoping it doesn't die for good before I can get everything off it

- Hundreds of .SND files on 2000XL and the tedium of creating programs to convert them to .WAV for when I switch to 1000 w/JJOS

- Various midi sequences & files...who knows what patches, presets, pieces of gear they go to

-Loops & ideas that are 20 years old and sitting in Audacity because I'll do something with them one day?

I'm almost thinking about doing it and deleting/formatting everything away back into the aether. starting all over, starting from scratch. I mean at the end of the day those ideas may be dead & gone, but they are a product of me and I can just make more, you know?
By 83dude Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:25 am
I‘ve lost all my work like 2 times already until I started making backups regularly. I am not mad about it though, since before that I didn‘t make music that I might release or could still stand for quality-wise.

So yeah, I accidentally deleted it all.
By Planemo Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:14 am
I get what you mean. Aeons ago I did a fair bit of stuff on an S950/Atari/Korg M1 and just happened to send most of it out to a shitty tape deck, complete with speed fluctuations. All the original data on the floppies is long lost and even if I had it I don't have the hardware anymore. I do play that tape every few years, just for nostalgia. Yeah it's all crap, poorly produced and badly arranged but it gives me fond memories. Could I live without that tape? Absolutely, but it's nice to have even if I wouldn't dare let anyone else hear it!