Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By elmacaco Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:51 am
yeah, I guess I missed the firecrackers, it can't be the first 100% sapl based album, can it? Banco de gaia was out before then wasn't he?

By TicToc Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:10 am
first 100% sample based, all instrumental hip hop album.....not first sample-based album, my bad.

By ikke Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:07 pm
i care less. it is a wonderfull piece of work.. 100% sample based or not

By itchyvinyl Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:14 pm
It was probably the first all-sample album consisting of only original pressing vinyl samples.

By elmacaco Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:29 pm
OK now that's a bit too trainspotter.

By ugly_face Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:13 am
Geezus 50 post and all of you guy are just saying the same thing over and over again.

Bottom line, Endtroducing=Dope album...DJ Shadow=Dope producer.period.

By BreakMyFever Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:42 am
ikke wrote:i dunno if you guys know this, but:

Endtroducing starts with "Bob bo bo bo Bob Wood, national programmer of the CHung group"
.. and ends with the giant from Twin Peaks saying: "it is happening again".

Dunno if ya saw Twin Peaks but the killer from the woods' name is Bob and where the giant says: it is happening again, the audience discover who Bob is (Leland Palmer)

So Endtroducing starts and ends with Bob The Killer. This is too cool as Endtroducing is my favorite album of all times and Twin Peaks is my favorite television show/ motion pictures. 8)

I wonder if it was Shadows' intention by starting and ending his album with stuff from TWin Peaks...

I know somebody also mentioned this during an online chat session with Shadow who replied "Man, you are deep" from which I conclude that it was not his intention.