Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By jonestown massacre Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 pm
Lmao, y'all dudes are making it 100x more complicated than it is.

To the op:

No, buy a compressor like the Alesis mentioned or the fmr audio rnc.
By LZ Roberts Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:56 am
I got an Alesis3036 or whatever that number is.

It's a right handy thing & I sidechain a bit to good effect. It's so much easier than messin with the bass. Coz when the kick drops out then with the other method you'd have to bring the bass back to normal/usual sound for that part. Also the attack part of the Bass is attenuated rather than shifted back.

I think you could do it without a mixer if you fed a sidechain signal from one set of outputs & the bass to another set of outputs to the compressor & then got the signal back to the MPC via Input Thru, or just Recorded the bass as new sidedchained loops.

I just use a clave sample for the sidechain trigger (mapped to the kick) because then you're free to set the release time to anything you want. If you've got a long Kick then you're stuck with a long realease otherwise.
By mastasteez Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 pm
ultra auris wrote:the sidechain input is usually called key input on hardware and is pretty straight forward.

Probably wasn't worth logging in today was it?
By Harmoncj Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 am
it would be easiest if you if you have the 8 outputs board, you can just dedicate one of those channels for a signal going to the sidechain input.
By jonestown massacre Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 am
mastasteez wrote:
ultra auris wrote:the sidechain input is usually called key input on hardware and is pretty straight forward.

Probably wasn't worth logging in today was it?

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re:

By Bogman Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Mr modnaR wrote:
lesterdiamond wrote:Do YOU know what sidechaining is?

yes that's why i was asking you. if you knew what sidechaining is, you would know that no mpc is capable of doing it, the compressor is too basic. but anyway, good comeback. 8)

Whether he knows it or not, is totally irrelevant. 14 years later, I'm trying to figure out how to sidechain on MPC and your comment wins the 1st prize in uselessness. If you can't help, than spare the Internet from remarks about how your star is the brightest in the sky.
By DokBrown Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm
The new MPCs make this EZ. SEE MOTHER DUCKER I imagine any modern DAW does also. Doing this on an old MPC could be some work . . . . .