Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By trupro Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:20 pm
Yeah, I usually shoot Midi Time Code from ProTools into the MPC2000. Now I wanna do it with the SP1200. I get to the screen that says 'waiting..' on the SP1200. Waiting for sync, but pressing play or rec. in ProTools doesn't trigger SP to start. I do not have a smpte generator, so I can't use that as an option on the SP. Sombody who really knows thier ish, please helpabrothaout...Gratci.

By itchyvinyl Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:32 pm
Here's how I do it.

On the SP press the SYNC button, so the light goes on.
Then press 2 (MIDI), and then press ENTER.
Then press RUN/STOP....the light will go on, but not play yet.
Then press play on Pro Tools, and it should start the SP.

Make sure that PT is set up to send MIDI BEAT CLOCK (not MTC) ....and that your midi cable is going from the PT's OUT to the SP's IN.

I never get a screen that says "waiting." There is a screen for SMPTE that says "Awaiting SMPTE", but that's NOT what you want.
Don't try use the SMPTE sync on the SP....it's all about Sync #2 MIDI.

I hope that helps you out. It works for me.
By trupro Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:02 am
Sooo...Midi Beat Clock, NOT MTC!! AWESOME, I should've known. I'ma try it out and let you know.
GOOD LOOKS!
-TruPro
By richie Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am
ProperDos wrote:So What Was The Verdict , Di That Work for you? you never came back to let us know? ive been waiting for your comeback

You responded to a thread that has not been updated in 17 years.

The last time you posted, you did the same thing to a different thread that hadn't been updated in 7 years, a bit strange.

I'm not sure what verdict you're expecting at this point.