Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By BobChopsickle Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:05 pm
^^

I never said it didn't have features. I just said that i dont think the drum sound is that spectacular.

I am sure layering drums can make it sound fat. But Its hardly like an Akai s900/3000 or emu sp, I.E when you sample somthing it instantly sounds amazing.

However the Ensoniq does make amazing pads. And also I think its good for bass.

I just want to know. If i sample a drum brake. Is it possible to re use the original sample, over and over again, with out copying it.

But setting new start and end points for sounds inside it?

And how would i go about doing this?

By JaeOne3345 Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 am
Man...

haha I already listed that as a possibility. it does it without wasting ram also.

Read your manual. You're straight dismissing it and you don't even have a a buckle on basic features and functions.

Search this site, I have explained asr/eps chopping numerous times.

Basic, copy sample, paramaters only as many times, assign each sample to a key (same hi and low), go back and edit each one.

And the drums are PHAT in a 16 bit way if you fool around with sample rates.

By sinister_keys Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:16 pm
bob chop / gritz

different name .. same simple minded dude... :lol:

By BobChopsickle Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:47 pm
Yea wow,

This EPS kicks ass.

Now I just wrote some music that could only be described as "the best music ever made"

On it.

I Got to say tho, having all this hardware, makes me feel like a professional.

Its a lot easier to just spend a day at making beats. When i tried reason, I found my music sounded like someone had stole all the sound. I found that very Sinister.

Still swings and roundabouts I guess..

By DaFunkDocta2004 Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:52 pm
There's a lot people don't even know about that machine. I had one for 12 years. Not many people know that it has a Tap Tempo feature, an "effect" that effectively compresses any snare to almost sound like the crack of a whip, and can be a decent effects processor on its own.

By g4s Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:40 pm
Great machine - as was most of the Ensoniq kit. Some great tracks have been mad on it.

G4s

By JaeOne3345 Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:49 pm
BobChopsickle wrote:Yea wow,

This EPS kicks ass.

Now I just wrote some music that could only be described as "the best music ever made"

On it.

Its a lot easier to just spend a day at making beats. When i tried reason, I found my music sounded like someone had stole all the sound. I found that very Sinister.

are you jokin? bipolar maybe?

By Otayo20 Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:58 pm
only thing i perferr the EPS over the ASR is u can change the bit quality. Other that that, Ill stick wit my ASR baby. :wink:

By sinister_keys Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm
BobChopsickle wrote:Yea wow,

This EPS kicks ass.

On it.

man you are straight retarted ...

When i tried reason, I found my music sounded like someone had stole all the sound.

^^^^ thats prolly the dumbest thing i have ever read on this forum
bar none! lmao i think someone stole your commom sense.

^^^you can own a bakery, but if you cant mix cake batter are you really a baker?? its not the equipment that makes you a pro at makin beats
its the ability to utilize the tools .. i have seen you on here talkin all that jazz about what you have..and whats good ... but in reality you talkin loud .. but you aint sayn nothin. you dont fully understand one piece of equipment but you claim to have many .. you talk out da side of your neck
regardless what you call yourself bobCHOPs..gritzkitz your still a clown... lol ...

By _Stilo_ Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:07 pm
sinister_keys wrote:bob chop / gritz

different name .. same simple minded dude... :lol:

And same ol' typos:

BobChopsickle wrote:I just want to know. If i sample a drum brake.

:lol:

By tonyp86 Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:02 am
JaeOne3345 wrote:Multiple sample rates? Yes. (22khz and 17.9 are dope for drums).
.CanScsi and internal flash rom? Yup.
Super fast chopping? Yup be treated as a multitimbral sound device? (each instrument can have its own midi input channel) Yup.
Waveboy effects disk (aftermarket) for a DOPE low pass? Yup.

Super easy sequencer? Yup. Just gotta learn how to play **** on time. Play with triplet quantize settings.

Ability to quantize individual NOTES, not just tracks. Within a track you can quantize one note. Thats too ill. Learn to use "set ranges."

Read the manual.

For 1991, this thing **** on mad gear. And this is coming from someone who uses an s950, sp1200, and eps16+ daily.

Learn your gear?

Overrated my ass.

yea I gotta say its a classic board man. I ended up getting an asr-10 cause I'm basically using this as my only piece right now. You just really have to read the manuals to get the most out, I mean my asr came with a 400pg manual man, 400!!! thats crazy, its goes through just about it all.

dont but I gotta go back to dude who said don't listen to others, I sold an MV-8000 to get my asr-10 man........get what works for you.
By kneebone77 Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:22 pm
Personally, I turn all the FX off. At least at first when workin wit these joints.
EPS/ASR let you tweak sounds ridiculous! The Only thing I was'nt quite satisfied with is the sequencing and thats because I began with an MPC and got spoiled! Do Not SLEEP on EPS/ASR for drum and sample chops either. It can do it with hi-hat choke fx and all. Give it a little time, It makes samples sound great and it's synthesis depth is no joke!

By dabmeister Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:51 pm
Yea, ensoniq was known for some pretty decent efx. This is one of the reasons I can't let go of my asr.