Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By ededj Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:01 pm
i have a question a maybe personal so i may not get any responce: how do you use your effects with your mpc, do you record your effects into the mpc (meaning that when making a beat do you record with effects on the beat.)
or do you make your beat and then add effects to it at the end(meaning do you construct your beat first then put effects on it at the end when recording to whatever your recording on to.... i have done this both ways but i just curious to see how others do it /or if there is a better technique for this..... thanks ???[/color]

By aDDiCT Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:36 pm
MPC Tutor how do you go about and add effects on the mpc??? Do I need to purchased the effect card? Or do I have to do it on the pc?? This is my only problem. I cant find a really good way to adding my effects. I use the pc alot to add effects. Since I got the mpc Im having a hard time because everything im doing is running through midi. So I cant transfer midi to add effect on the pc. Pleasre help me.[/color]