Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By ededj Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:01 pm
well my studio went down this past weekend, my vs880 took a s@#t.now ihave nothing but my computer to record on, i have this free vresion of pro tools,i only have a stock sound card on my pc with a record line-in,i have done some recordings like this, but can someone give me an example on how i can do this to record track from the mpc to the pc, any help would be highly appriecated, this is my source of recording for now and im  not sure how to do this as i was use to monitoring  and recording everything on my vs880 hd recorder... thanks[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:49 pm
stereo 1/4 mpc outs into 1/8 mini plug adaptor, into the pc audio in (NOT mic in) then open up the pc program, and in one of the options menu's there should be an option to tell int what soundcard settings to get the sound into the pc then the program.
set up the midi trigger to trigger recording and sync the program as the SLAVE and the MPC As the MASTER. connect the midi ins and outs of the pc and mpc. now when the pc recieves a midi code from the mpc it will start recording. then all u gotta do is record to tracks in protools then repeat to lay down many tracks. the midi sync insures all is aligned and then mixdown.
cool edit pro is SUPER just as a multitracker if all your gear is outboard. dl of kazaa.[/color]

By ededj Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:51 pm
hey ED thanks for your idea, i got aquestion tho, i dont have a midi converter how do i hook this set up ,up.i can do the 1/4 to 1/8 plug in(i already done this before)the midi is another thing like i said i dont have a converter, yes all i have is outboard equipment, iam really fiending to get something going here,i have kasaa how do i go about dling this program and getting it out of the kasaa program, i am not that good at using computers still learning things.....thanks again huh  ED... peace[/color]

By ededj Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:06 am
ED i got your email thanks im going to have totry this out i need to wait till next week to pick up this part, thanks bro, thanks a lot for the help, where you from maybe we can get together and make some beats...[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:51 pm
"The More Scrilla/The Merrier/ I represent the Yay Area."
I'm in the Town (Oakland, Cali)

Good luck, with the parts search, and on the beatz.[/color]