Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By CIBorg Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:18 pm
Yes I have a couple of questions if any can help it'd really be appreciated:

1.  Is there any way to smootly go from one end of a sample to the beginning of the same sample piece while looping the piece.  I'm trying to avoid the problem where you can completely tell where the sample begins and ends.  If there's no way to do it on the mpc does anyone know a software program that can do that to a sample?

2.  Also, I'm having a bit of a problem trying to figure out if i can make some sort of adjustment to avoid overlapping everytime i hit a sample on a drum pad.  I mean, for example, on the main screen i have a sample assigned to a pad.  I hit that pad repeatedly, and the second time i hit it, it starts playing over the last hit, while the last hit is playing.  Is there any way that everytime i hit that drum pad, it just starts the sample over again.  
thanks[/color]

By HoaxOne Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:10 am
First of all, go to the parameters screen and adjust the Voice Overlap to MONO. How are your looping your samples? Are you triggering the sample and letting the sequence loop or are you trying to loop the sample on it's own. I find that it's easier to trigger the sample and adjust the sequence till it loops.[/color]

By McSmooth Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:59 am
Are you talking about looping an instrument sample?  If so, you have to have it loop where the sound is very similar in the wave (doesn't work a lot of the time).  But lets say you are working with a plain sine wav... you have to make sure the start and end points of the loop are very similar in shape.  It should bed cut off where the wav is in the center vertically so you don't get a clicking noise.  Not sure if that helps.[/color]