Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By Mambito2 Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:10 pm
Fellas, I know many of you are involved in your productions. From your experience, what would you recommend that I get next. I only have the mpc2000xl and speakers. Should I buy a cd player to sample music or is the cd player from a pc good enough. I'm trying to avoid additional expenses as I need to buy a new pc soon anyway. Keyboards and sound modules are beyound my budget now. I figure I could download music and sample it just to practice sampling, triming, looping..yada. yada..I guess pc can save me some $$..[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:20 pm
#1 max out ram
#2 scsi storage device
#3 eb-16 sample efx board

this is a cool path, ram and storage then the eb-16, which gives u 2 multifx processors and 2 reverbs, its like buying 4 sound efx modules, and its integrated in the mpc, so its a really good value when u look at it. so what if the efx aint up to the motu standards, they are good and i have heard the eb-16 efx used in mad underground (and some not so underground) beats.[/color]