Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By SampleQueen Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:22 pm
Help me out or should I get the mackie 1642 since its got 8 outs?[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:22 pm
SampleQueen wrote:Help me out or should I get the mackie 1642 since its got 8 outs?[/color]

man, go and check the reviews out on synthsite.com
the eb-16 is nice, pete rock uses it for ALL his beats, all he uses is an mpc and the dps.
yamaha makes crappy mixers
mackie is nice, but if ur gonna use it with protools like u said in the earlier post, why not just get the 8 out board for the mpc?[/color]

By SoulShadow Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:28 am
For the price I say go Pro Tools and a decent comp. Costs about the same. I have a DPS16 Im selling for $1000.[/color]

By HoaxOne Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:23 am
Your whole thing is being able to route multiple sound sources through the 1642 and have the 8 outputs on the 1642 connect to the 8 inputs of the Digi 001. It makes sense to me. You got mad equipment (mpc, keyboard, tube mic pre's...dope). Like I said earlier, when you get the 8-outs board for the MPC you'll thank yourself. I love my 1402. You seem to know what you want, you can do it![/color]

ByDisco Stu Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:58 am
Yamaha crappy mixers!? :O

Man have you checked the 02, 03d or the DM-2000. Holy #### man...you can't call that crappy mixers. The DM-2000 is one of the best mixers around !

Behringer that's what I call crappy.

By E.A. Flow Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:35 am
I use the dps16.  it's a lovely f***in' machine.  Syncs lovely with the mpc.  I don't like the fact that it only has 8 inputs (has a spdif in).  I also wish it had insert/returns and more outputs rather than spdif out/master/monitor out.  There are ways to work around this though (u can route any signal/bus to any physical output and if u wanna use it as a mixer.)  Recommend the dps.[/color]

By D Rocka Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:31 am
actually, has any1 heard of dps24? it's pretty good, but it's really needed 4 tracking vocals, cuz they take more tracks know what im sayin[/color]

By FromthePantoL.A. Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:57 pm
Yes , I've heard of and seen the dps 24.
That thing is ridiculous!
I've got a dps12 and I was happy with that.
This 24.....Whoa!
TRying to save now and get that but a dps16 is probably more likely.[/color]