Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By 7 1 4 Beats Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:41 pm
ascensionmusic wrote:Ive had several pairs of headphones..evrything from the expensive Bose joints to high end Sennheiser's...The best bang for the buck is the Sony MDR 7506..i love em to death..the sound is clear, flat response, excellent build quality and all for $99 dollars.

**** that I have had these headphones for 4yrs and they suck ass they are not true to anything the high's are false the low's are false. AKG are 10x's better.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 pm
I got 2 pairs of Nady QH660 headphones for $50 at musiciansfriend.com. Real good stuff, had mine for 4yrs now and still no wear. In fact the 2nd pair is still in the packaging. The ear phones even rotate a full 360. Sound is clear and crispy.
By four eyes Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:06 am
you're not really supposed to get headphones that "sound good'. i.e. - bose and the like. their gonna give you a false idea of what your beat actually sounds like by making it sound better than it actually does.

headphones for the most part are not really the way to go for anything beyond getting your beat together. which is why i just use like a moderately priced pair in the 30 to 50 dollar range, when i actually use headphones.
By EducatedHands Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:44 pm
i need headphones soon as well. i actually think i'm just gunna go with those $100 bose noise canceling headphones. i've got nice monitors. if i need to really monitor i can turn those puppies on. beyond that i'd rather my headphones just sound enjoyable when i'm working on them.