Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By dabmeister Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:45 am
Teknokeyz wrote:
Seasinz wrote:i copped a pair of audio technica ATH M50's for tracking not too long ago and im lovin em.
the bass response on these things is amazing.
havent touched my sennheiser hd25's since i got these.

Seems like the ATH-M50's are getting the most request so far.

Well, you got my vote on those M50's too. I might need to snatch up a few pair.
By BenHoughton Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:30 pm
FrumiousBandersnatch wrote:Sennheiser HD280 are sweet for mixing.

i use these and love em, great sound and good for dj use too, they cut out a lot of ambient noise.

I would also recommend having a listen to some akg stuff
By Benny Blanko Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:24 pm
I use an old pair of AKG K141.. 600 ohms Monitor version.. insanely flat... found em for dirt cheap in a garage sale!!
These are the best mixing headphone I ever had!!! + I love their classic gold look...
By WatchYoNuggets Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:35 am
Seasinz wrote:i copped a pair of audio technica ATH M50's for tracking not too long ago and im lovin em.
the bass response on these things is amazing.
havent touched my sennheiser hd25's since i got these.

Word!
I copped em 2 months ago, amazing sound and a bass response that I never heard before on monitorheadphones
+
they are extreme well-fitting and nice on the dome I often forget that I´m wearing HP when have them on.
By dmarz45 Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:47 pm
I have the Sony MDR 7506's and they are okay. I really dont like making tracks with headphones but I use them at night when people are sleeping and they do the job pretty well. Ive heard that the Senheisers are really dope sounding too! But I'd really much rather make\monitor my tracks with my Rokit 6s. They have a good sound to them. I cant really get my drums knocking right when I'm wearing headphones, but hey, to each his own....

*My opinion - go with the Senheisers if you have the money. If not the Sony MDR 7506's will do just fine...
By bluempc4k Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 am
dabmeister wrote:
namotu wrote:
Teknokeyz wrote:For $49.99 more you can get top of the line with the ATH-M50, read about these man, these are really the best u can do for that much, probably all around.

yeah i got the same pair. there great, no complaints, and they sound amazing.
they won the 'remix' award for headphones not that long ago.

and there comfortable as hell man

Co-sign, I use a pair of ATH-D40fs's myself, nice for the price, they sound real good for their price range & they're well put together.

I'm using the ATH-M40fs. i love them. when i bought them, i felt they were much more detailed than anything in the sub $100 range. when i bought my first pair i was looking to spend somewhere between $60-$80 the first time around, but when i heard these... i changed my mind real quick.

also, they are easy to drive and super durable... the faux leather will wear out, and peel off... but i was never able to break these things. they survived a million trips in a back pack full of records going to dj gigs. never had a problem w/the cable, or drivers. i'm on my second pair because my friend some how found a way to break my first pair. i think he threw them under the tire of the greyhound bus that took him from SD, to LA. actually, at the time i loaned him the headphones i forgot he had reputation for being able to ruin anything he laid his hands on... but 2 pairs in almost 10 years is pretty good in my opinion. it's also my understanding that they went down in price.

the only thing i don't like is the cable... it's completely straight, and in the way... not one of those curly telephone ones... so keep a rubber band around to tie it up, because the cable is about 9ft. it's annoying... especially when you constantly trip, or step on it... yet the they still don't break...
By bluempc4k Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:46 am
my bro bought the m50... i love those... sounds nicer than the m40, and has the curly cable that stays out of the way too. i think they need more juice to drive than the m40... i don't remember... it's been a while since i've used them. but i remember my pmc-55, denon reciever, and e-mu 1820m being able to drive them just fine tho...
By J.Jupiter Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm
I prefer Fostex T20s. Not the newer MKII version, those drivers suck. the original were made in the 80s and they translate very well.

I just saw a pair on ebay go for 26 clams. I would have bought them but i already have two pairs.

if not Equation makes a good set of cans.

http://www.equationaudio.com/Professional/rp21.htm

The highs are accentuated a bit but they sound great....
By ascensionmusic Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:32 pm
Ive had several pairs of headphones..evrything from the expensive Bose joints to high end Sennheiser's...The best bang for the buck is the Sony MDR 7506..i love em to death..the sound is clear, flat response, excellent build quality and all for $99 dollars.
By GRMM D Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm
BenHoughton wrote:
FrumiousBandersnatch wrote:Sennheiser HD280 are sweet for mixing.

i use these and love em, great sound and good for dj use too, they cut out a lot of ambient noise.

I would also recommend having a listen to some akg stuff

after 2 pairs of sony's i copped these just because gc didnt have the sony's. but these are killing them sony's. even if u went with the sony's it wouldnt be a bad buy.