Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By Justice Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:19 pm
B 4 anybody comments on how I should learn the MPC, had mine for 7 years and I know pretty much every trick that I need to know. Had the SP for a year now and wer'e getting along fine. Also have an ASR10 which I don't know jack sh!t about, it's just there gathering dust, might sell it.

Now I've got that over and done with, I purchased a SL-1210 Turntable this week and I need to buy a cart, I've got 4models to choose from :

Ortofon Concorde DJS (the blue one)
Numark CX1 (Tony Touch series)
Numark CC1 (Scratch Perverts signature model)
or Stanton 520SK (Dj Craze model)

Bear in mind that the decks'll be used mostly for scratching which one of these do u recommend? do u know of any review sites 4 these?

Thank You and Peace![/color]

By lex horton Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:24 pm
i'd get sure m44-7 needles anyday, they're very very loud and idf you want to scratch they're very solid after some wearing in. I've used lots and lots of other needles and i like them. ortofons do have a good sound though, not the cheap one though

fat lex[/color]

By Justice Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:39 pm
I never did like the look of the Stantons anyway  :D

Hmmm, Ortofon seems to be a good bet, I've never heard much from the shures b4!! is it a cart that u screw on to a headshell or does it just clip in like the Ortofon or Numarks?

Thanx guys.[/color]

By ededj Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:02 pm
shure 's are the OG needle's,they have been around since hipjop statrted,

i have 4 pair of staton track masters , they are good for mixin but if u r goin to scratch there not so good they have great sound.

i  also  have the ortofon i use that for scratchin  and sampling it's a good all around needle very strong,

i recomend that if your going to use it a lot for scratchin get the ortofon they last along time and they are very sturdy and dont forget to change your stylus every 300-400 + hours.
:D[/color]

By HoaxOne Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:14 pm
I highly recommend getting the Shure M447's. They just don't skip. I like the sound of the ortofons (black), but the black ones skipped a little & created some record burn. M447's have very low record burn, big bass output, sound good for sampling, highly skip resistant & are very inexpensive for all that you get ($50 US). Trust me.[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:23 pm
HoaxOne wrote:I highly recommend getting the Shure M447's. They just don't skip. I like the sound of the ortofons (black), but the black ones skipped a little & created some record burn. M447's have very low record burn, big bass output, sound good for sampling, highly skip resistant & are very inexpensive for all that you get ($50 US). Trust me.[/color]

hey pretty much said it all.
The m44g is also good, better sound reporduction then 447's (slightly better, not really noticable for most kinds of music)
but the high output of the 447 is what sold me, highest output on a cart.
go to a store and try em out, u wont be mad, if u buy ortofon's u will be (altho, the neon pink ortofons are dope, but they're neon pink.....)[/color]

By Justice Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:49 pm
U guys have sold me the Shure 447!!!!!! hehehe.

After reading all the posts I made up my mind, plus on the info section of the 447 it says that the Xecutioners and the Invizbl Scratch Piklz(I know I spelt that wrong) swear by'em.

And like HoaxOne stated, they r pretty cheap, especially as a pair!!!

God bless.[/color]