Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Jacpot Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:47 am
s20 was my first beat machine before the asrxpro. I hated the s20 because lack of quantise. Well actually I didnt even know about quantise until I used an asrx. Thats when I immediatly sold my s20. Now I want it back
By ralphyartis' Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 am
nah i tried radioshack, nothing, but if anyone here has an s20, could you take a look at the power adapter and post the specifications up on here, i know that its DC 10v output but thats it.... i tried a universal adapter but nah didn't work, they told me at radioshack that 10 volts is an awkward number... but if someone can do that for me, thanks ima go to some thrift shops and look for some old used adapters.
By Muied Lumens Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am
Output is: DC10V - 800mA - Center Positive

Akai Product number: L1038E
By bedouin Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:34 am
Chances are it would work fine if underpowered a bit.
By bedouin Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:10 pm
If it's of any use, I've seen cigarette adapters at 10V. They make wall converters so you can use cigarette adapters at home. Might be something to look into.

Just searching Google Shopping I found this:

http://www.markdownalley.com/showitem.c ... ce=froogle

So maybe you need to find an SNES adapter . .
By Nothingless1987 Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:04 pm
did you win that s20 minus adaptor of ebay,if so then i was the 2nd bidder!!! i popped out to sainsbury's to get some milk and lost.

i was screwin, my milk went sour!
By bedouin Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 pm
If I were in your shoes I would just get a 9v adapter and try it. I would be surprised if it didn't work. Overpowering is the only thing that can damage it.
By wizardsmoke Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 am
Still wish I could find a good deal on these, seen a s950 on ebay but I think it was a scam.. . not giving up quite yet though!
By ralphyartis' Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 am
this aint at a bad price http://cgi.ebay.com/Akai-S20-profession ... .m14.l1318 but i might just have to buy this one myself if i cant find an adapter.

I have tried a universal power adapter at 9volts it doesn't power on, nothing.

I bought another one today from radio shack that is 9 volts 800mA and that didnt work either.
By bedouin Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:46 am
That bothers me a bit that it doesn't even turn on at 9v.
By ralphyartis' Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:06 am
so i had an idea, i didnt even think about it for more then a second cause i have the s20 sittin right next to my laptop, i took the adapter out an put it in the s20 and the s20 powered on. i loaded up some samples from some old disks i have seems to work but only pad one plays a sound, i just turned it off cause i looked at the voltage on the laptop adapter and says the output is 18.5volts, was this a bad idea could i have damaged the s20 already or is it cool? seems to work fine to me but i don't want to risk it.