Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm
:worthy: Salute, Yes sir! And be live where we can see that person hitting on the keys, or pads, or whatever that person uses, gotta show your face and body and hands working your craft! Lets go! I will do mines Sunday 27th 2020! Mines will be ready the next day! Make the video LIVE! do everything there on the camera, make the track, arrangement, mix etc!

Eyalc wrote:Gentlemen, I already reviewed the rules with each of you in the dressing room, but here's the breakdown for everyone watching.

* No sample loops

* No midi packs

* 4 minutes max

* Must submit stereo render of the track

* Must submit original project file, with midi (not just audio stems), in whatever composition tool you use (if you use an MPC then move to a DAW, submit MPC project, and the DAW project with the MPC stems and new DAW midi)

* Must include a video showing you playing parts of the track (not the drums, that's too easy), and if you're really coming diesel, give a breakdown of the track, including how you mixed it.

* That's three deliverables gents: 1. a stereo render, 2. the project(s) that include the midi, 3. an overview video that includes a breakdown of the track (if you choose) and showing you playing parts of the track (not drums - again, too easy).

* Due date Sunday the 27th at 5pm EST

Gentlemen, I want a good, clean fight.

You ready Danoc?

You ready CR?

Then LET'S GET IT ON!!!!
By Lampdog Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:56 pm
Ok, ok, I’m listening, go on.
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm
:worthy: :smoker:

Lampdog wrote:

Someone a while back called me out on “One Day” track on my soundcloud and asked why it sounded so different than the other beats. I said “I was just feeling froggy that day and I went a little out of bounds from my norm”.

They didn’t believe me.

I said “I can send the entire MPC X project to a third party we both trust”. Moog and Kronos2 were midi’d in and no audio lived in X but the grid performance, notes, pitch bends, automations etc are all there, you can substitute any similar kybd sound and you can hear it.

Welp, I did that, third party verified the whole One Day project performance was recorded on X as I don’t use computer DAWS because I have no plans to go that far widdit. Ole boy had NOTHING left to say afterwards. Haven’t heard from him since.
I’ve actually sent that entire project to several people here when explaining how I did certain things, like a “how to” type **** you could say.

In order to show “poo” (proof of originality) maybe enlist and trust in a reputable third party to send the ENTIRE midi/audio project. Other than that a definitive, feelings-filled battle means nothing. Gotta prove.

This will just keep going on and on. There were some baby steps taken in the direction to prove poo in the recent past, a more UNDENIABLE truth may be needed to entirely shut muhfuccas up tho.
By Eyalc Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:16 pm
Danoc wrote::worthy: Salute, Yes sir! And be live where we can see that person hitting on the keys, or pads, or whatever that person uses, gotta show your face and body and hands working your craft! Lets go! I will do mines Sunday 27th 2020! Mines will be ready the next day! Make the video LIVE! do everything there on the camera, make the track, arrangement, mix etc!

haha - yeah man don't just show me an overhead of two hands playing... like they do in those educational videos... HAHAHAHA
By Danoc Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:20 pm
Eyalc wrote:
Danoc wrote::worthy: Salute, Yes sir! And be live where we can see that person hitting on the keys, or pads, or whatever that person uses, gotta show your face and body and hands working your craft! Lets go! I will do mines Sunday 27th 2020! Mines will be ready the next day! Make the video LIVE! do everything there on the camera, make the track, arrangement, mix etc!

haha - yeah man don't just show me an overhead of two hands playing... like they do in those educational videos... HAHAHAHA

LOL LOL HAHAAAAAA :lol: Nah, Ima show you my face, torso and hands LOL hows that? LOL Hey man I just did a tutorial with no face showing LOL Just my voice and screen moves, LIVE!!!

On that Note, Eyalc, You and Lamp need to take it easy on me Please LOL :smoker: :lol:
By bees80 Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm
Eyalc wrote:Gentlemen, I already reviewed the rules with each of you in the dressing room, but here's the breakdown for everyone watching.

If you ever consider a career change you would be an awesome boxing referee.

I am playing this in my mind as a movie trailer.

This summer...
Two guys had beef on a forum..
And what they decided next ...
Is an all out battle...
To settle, once and for all...
*carmina burana playing*
One shall shine.
One shall fall.

Danoc and Charles R in...

Ultimate MPC Man 5: The Final Call-Out
By Eyalc Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:24 pm
bees80 wrote:

If you ever consider a career change you would be an awesome boxing referee.

I am playing this in my mind as a movie trailer.

This summer...
Two guys had beef on a forum..
And what they decided next ...
Is an all out battle...
To settle, once and for all...
*carmina burana playing*
One shall shine.
One shall fall.

Danoc and Charles R in...

Ultimate MPC Man 5: The Final Call-Out

Hahaha.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:49 pm
No video.

If you use an MPC, DAW, or Both, upload both projects files, directly HERE so everyone has access to them. Upload all sounds kits used. No MIDI PACKS, No LOOP packs, All other sounds WIDE OPEN! No other musicians.

Deadline Thursday: 1pm (PT) 4 pm (ET) THAT 24 HOURS!
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:08 pm
* No sample loops

* No midi packs

* 4 minutes max

* Must submit stereo render of the track

* Must submit original project file, with midi (not just audio stems), in whatever composition tool you use (if you use an MPC then move to a DAW, submit MPC project, and the DAW project with the MPC stems and new DAW midi)

* That's three deliverables gents: 1. a stereo render, 2. the project(s) that include the midi, 3. an overview video that includes a breakdown of the track (if you choose) and showing you playing parts of the track (not drums - again, too easy).

* Due date Sunday the 27th at 5pm EST

Change to 24th.

* Due date Thursday the 24th at 5pm EST

Gentlemen, I want a good, clean fight.

ready CR?
By Lampdog Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:16 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:No video.

If you use an MPC, DAW, or Both, upload both projects files, directly HERE so everyone has access to them. Upload all sounds kits used. No MIDI PACKS, No LOOP packs, All other sounds WIDE OPEN! No other musicians.

Just put all the bidness out in the street, flowers privacy, let it all hang out type shit!

Nowhere to hide type shit. I understand it.