Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Tapuno Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am
Its been a long time, but now is time to get working on MPC Mixtape volume 7 , executive produced by Tapuno and Soundsmith The Programmer.

Rules: Complete compositions with vocals of any beat music genre where an MPC was used in the production line.

UPDATE: I did not get nearly enough submissions for a full album, I didn't get enough for even a EP. So, I will be extending the deadline to New Years Day. I really hope another 2 months is enough fir some banging tracks.
So that's Wednesday January 1st

Please send submissions in 16 or 32bit WAV PCM format to
[email protected]

Please include artist name, producer name, and MPC used in the email body. Label header MPC Mixtape 7

Thank you, I know you guys will not disappoint.

Edit: all past mixtapes can be found at http://www.officialmpcmixtapeseries.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Tapuno on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
By chrisg02176 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 pm
Tapuno wrote:Its been a long time, but now is time to get working on MPC Mixtape volume 7 , executive produced by Tapuno and Soundsmith The Programmer.

Rules: Complete compositions with vocals of any beat music genre where an MPC was used in the production line.

So by "any beat music genre" do you mean any music genre? I was just a little confused. Sorry, i'm new to the MPC Forum mixtape.
By Tapuno Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 am
Yes precisely. Beat music is edm, salsa, blues, jazz, hip hop, r&b so on. Music that has a drum beat. As long as any MPC(including the fly, ren, studio, and iMPC) was used somewhere in the production line, it is eligible.
By sinister_keys Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 am
:hmmm: for years now i have only used the MPC as a sequencer to control my space ship .. i very rarely sample but i do on occasion .. so as long as i use my mpc im cool right :hmmm: :popcorn:
we must remeber the mpc is a midi production center first IMHO

CREATE SUM"n :mrgreen:
By Tapuno Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 am
Exactly. If your MPC is the brain, it's eligible. If it's a sound module, it's eligible. Hell, if it's your controller in Reason it's eligible. I don't see what all the fuss earlier was about that restriction. It's still pretty damn wide open for MPC use.
Not trying to alienate anybody, but it's not the Maschine mixtape. Or the MV mixtape(better bust out that ill 500 Ill Green :nod: )

We can start those series too, tho. I know I would love to hear an ASR mixtape
By Tapuno Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:51 am
acid kalle wrote:so the rules are:
mpc + mc, aight?
language? is english a must be?
peace!

MPC+MC or singer. Any language as long as it's dope, which wouldn't be hard for you Kalle
By inflict3 Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 am
pig latin??
By Tapuno Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:01 pm
inflict3 wrote:pig latin??

Sure, if it's dope. I dnt know how hd pull that off but if u wanna go fir it, go fir it.
By Tapuno Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:45 am
UPDATE: I did not get nearly enough submissions for a full album, I didn't get enough for even a EP. So, I will be extending the deadline to New Years Day. I really hope another 2 months is enough fir some banging tracks.
So that's Wednesday January 1st
By Tapuno Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 am
Tapuno wrote:Rules: Complete compositions with vocals of any beat music genre where an MPC was used in the production line.
Please send submissions in 16 or 32bit WAV PCM format to
[email protected]
Please include artist name, producer name, and MPC used in the email body. Label header MPC Mixtape 7
By Tapuno Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 am
UPDATE:I have created a Facebook event in hopes of getting the word out and some more submissions in. Please, if you were invited, spread the word.
The event is titled MPC Mixtape 7:Submissions, and all pertinent information is there.