Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

By Season Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:53 am
I like it.....you said it was "rough" but you know, I like it better that way then some real cleaned up ish.....nice work.

Season

By FLUENT Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:09 pm
yo this shit is dope...those overdubs are pretty loud ,but u said it was rough so its understandable..yo for real, i love that beat, the drums not so much, but the sample lay out is DOPE..im feelin the rhymes too, good shit

By stryke Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:11 pm
Like blood on O.J's gloves. :lol: Nice work man.Definitely Hot.Good work man.

By djames Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:36 pm
Thanks Season, Fluent, and Stryke. I appreciate it.

Season: I probably would'nt spend a lot of time on this mix, but it definitely needs tweaking a lil bit.

Fluent: I feel you on the adlibs/overdubs being too loud, I'm going to turn them down a lil bit. Were the drums too weak for you? They are kind of weak, but I kind of thought they kept that Jazzy mood. Let me know so I can tweak them too.

Stryke, thanks alot man!

Peace,
D. James

By FLUENT Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:24 pm
i feel you about keeping the jazzy mood...its really a matter of preference, you know what im saying?? for me the drums are too clean and digital, i like a grimey break, doesnt have to bang but i like it to have a layer of dirt on it...but like i said its preference, not everyone goes for that sound, someone who digs the clean sound more would say they are perfect..with that in mind the only thing i would do is maybe thicken that snare a little bit, or for this beat layer it with a pitched down clap or something...just to warm it up a little..its still real nice though

By vakseen Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:38 pm
dam this is different as heell D. cool $hit. "SS be spittin" haha :wink: fa sho!

By DSTRUCT Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:43 am
Thanx for that shoutout fam. This track is neck breakin!

By DjChronoBeats Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:48 am
damn fresh new style dope!!

By binger0 Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:22 am
yeah man this beat is mad ill. and the rhymes are tight too.