Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By bidi Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:27 am
a simple little something ive been messing around with the last couple of days. i've got my setup together in a way i like for live sequencing with the mpc and playing and capturing stuff through midi but i cant really record and play at the same time due to the poopyness of my soundcard. but i kinda cobbled this together in a sort of frankenstein musical orgy to get a feel for what it would come out as . . .

http://31d1.com/files/bidi%20-%20walks%20around%20take%20one.mp3

By binger0 Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:01 am
this is cool but i think the drums go off a little like not on time. but is tight. that little key riff in the back is mad low though

By bidi Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:43 pm
word the mix needs work for sure...

By bidi Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:54 pm
PROTEGE wrote:I agree nice beat but the quantize seems off.

hmmm....

is it the whole time? or more around the fills? just the drums? or including the keys (which have a delay that is very different than the tempo - which i sort of like the feel of)....

i guess i need to know cause it sounds good to me (grain of salt though - i do tend to like things to be a little around and not so much on, the beat) so im wondering if youre reacting to something i did on purpose or not . . . main problem i hear is it seems like i had my amp at home on mono or something cause listening to it at work the mix is way way off...
By killer joe Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:33 pm
yo i dont hear how its off.................if so all my beats are off......but that aint sayin' nuthin cuz all my beats probably are off hahahaa

only thing i was lookin' for was a changeup of some sort

but that was straight