Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By MalaKai Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 am
https://malakaibeats.bandcamp.com/album/mole-people-instrumentals

A while back I started making beats for a group album that didn't happen. It was supposed to be a concept record but everything was too ambitious and elaborate. After about 6 years I decided to just release the beats as an instrumental album. I would probably do the beats a little differently if I were to produce a Mole People album today. I made most of these on a MPC 1000, all the beats are kind of a piece of the story which is roughly about going into the underworld and meeting the Mole People and re-emerging.

By CHOPFYT Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:06 pm
Nice work dude I like quite a lot of these 3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 19 is really good, the vocals add imagery and put some meat on those beat bones. Shame it didnt come together in the way you had envisioned cos the beats all sound quite dark and I can imagine the subterranean world you were trying to paint with the beats.
only gripe or critique I had was part of 4 runs off time at one point sounds a bit off to me?
By MalaKai Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:15 am
Cases wrote:I really like this kind of beats, also the one in your sig with the vox. Who is he?

That's MF DOOM My Favorite Ladies remix.

CHOPFYT wrote:
only gripe or critique I had was part of 4 runs off time at one point sounds a bit off to me?

Thanks. That's entirely possible I was doing weird things making these beats. None of the beats were really ready yet so they were left in whatever state they were in.