Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

IMO

By bboutit Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:38 pm
No: It's not intriguing to me, it doesn't offer variation. How are you counting the bars in this one? I can't tell the verse from the hook, sounds like a Lonnnng 4bar beat.... that's just my opinion.

BUT: Depends on what a person is looking for and what type of chedda they can bounce....

By butcher Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:40 pm
i dont really like it so no i dont think so... but like bbouit said... someone else might like it and want it so do ur thing..

By stryke Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:56 pm
I actually like the beat but it's not worth $200.I don't think any beat is worth $200.I mean why isn't a rhyme worth that much?

By Kalei Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:09 pm
Sorry they would have to pay me loads of money just to listen to it one more time :P

Kalei

By stryke Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:14 am
If cats can aford it then, do you it's just my personal opinion.I think a beat is only worth as much as the emcee.You can make a thousand dollar track but if you put a 20 dollar emcee on there it's goin nowhere.Nothing against you bro.

By incurablebeatlust Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:24 am
i like this beat a bit more if it wasn't so clean..nice job.
peace.
By S.K Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:44 am
bboutit wrote:No: It's not intriguing to me, it doesn't offer variation. How are you counting the bars in this one? I can't tell the verse from the hook, sounds like a Lonnnng 4bar beat.... that's just my opinion.

BUT: Depends on what a person is looking for and what type of chedda they can bounce....

thanks for the feed, but the hook is when the bells come in, and I feel you on the variation.. thanks tho

By S.K Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:46 am
stryke wrote:I actually like the beat but it's not worth $200.I don't think any beat is worth $200.I mean why isn't a rhyme worth that much?

preciate it stryke, thanks for your input

By S.K Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:51 am
PROTEGE, thanks for replying.. preciate it

dstruction, preciate your input.

incurablebeatlust, also thanks for listening.. and giving your opinion...

Kalei & butcher, I can't please everybody, but thanks anyway for listening..

By cyrus Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:32 am
i would say put more of a staight hihat in there....keep the other hats in there, but i think it needs a consistant 1/8 hihat.......depending on its real tempo, you might even be able to fit in a 1/16th hihat...thats if the tempo is real slow.

but try it, it might pull everything together more. I think its good foundations, you just need to put the icing on....a little swing to the drums or something.

as for the hook and verse thing, i see what^^^^they where saying, so what i would do is, sample the instruments, then sort of "remix" them for the hook, or break down. You dont neccesarily have to make a hook, but like a frequent break down every 8 bars or something.......so basically chop up the current melody with the sampler, and rearrange it, or reppeat something several times.

like da-da-dunt, da-da-dunt, the change it up with dadunt-dadunt. ya know?

By cooocooo1 Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:41 am
It's all subjective, take Swizz Beats for example, he sold 100,000.00 dollar hot garbage(he had some cool stuff to) to some cats so...............