Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By OKJoy Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 am
What's up MPC Forums?

Been a while since I posted anything here. I made this tape in 2015, finally decided to let people hear it. Hip Hop, House and Trap sampled from Rock, Jazz, Soul and Funk, created on the MPC 1000 and SP 505. Available for free download on April 1st, 2019. Here's a track from it called Restless Spirit.

By OKJoy Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:31 am
Nice Salt Mcgault, glad to hear that!

Here's two more. One song for Popping, one song a more cinematic vibe for rapping.

Just a quick story, I threw on the Cheryl Lynn record while doing some errands at home, suddenly "Nothing You Say" comes on and that bassline hit me like a punch in the face. I had to drop everything and make this.

By Nakilius Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Hi OkJoy,

this is a great beat! Reminds me of early kanye. love everthing about the beat, the feeling, the sample, the funky bassline. keep up the good work & also thank you for listening to my stuff.
By OKJoy Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:33 pm
Thank you Saltmcgault and Nakilius for the kind words. :-D

Here it is people,

https://okjoy.bandcamp.com/album/when-youre-not-strong

Thanks for all the support from those who have been following so far, I hope you enjoy hearing this. You could let me know what tracks stand out if you want, otherwise just enjoy the tunes.

Tracklist:

01. Opening Credits
02. When You're Not Strong
03. Dirtshine
04. Beach at Dusk
05. Crown of Thieves
06. Illusion Weaver
07. Restless Spirit
08. Grime Eternal
09. Hops
10. Parties
11. Reality Check
12. Sneeze
13. I Have No People
14. Flight Home
By OKJoy Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:40 am
Gorilla_Funk wrote:Dude your ****'s on point. Really diggin it. I love the choice of samples. It's also really crisp on the mixing side. What gear do you use?

Thanks for listening! I use the MPC 1000 and SP-505. No software except Audacity to record into.