Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

By stryke Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:21 pm
This one isn't as good as your other ones.I just never really got into it that much.Sorry bro.

By digital_bastard Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:25 pm
Stepping on holy ground is always difficult, but I think you pulled it off, at least most of the time in this track.

The crazy panning works when there's only one instruments (apart from the drums), but when it's on more than that it just makes my head hurt.

The very low-pass-filtered part could benefit from a slightly higher cutoff setting as well.

But apart from that, I liked it.

By Smoove03 Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:13 pm
this joint is grimey how it comes on. during the first part of the verse when the choppy sound comes in i ditnt really like that sound much, but i like when them strings come back in.

that filtered sample in the back is nice. i like it. i think you should turn them chops down a bit. i love the drums. they made me wanna flow as soon as it came on. not too sure bout this one. i tried rappin to this but the beat wouldnt allow me to continue the way it switched up. not sure what it is.

overall i kinda like this one. them drums are nasty tho!!! love em and wit that sample you filtered in the back it sounds pretty tight when its just that goin. i love the end too. tight idea :) but it keeps goin...it slows down twice...

keep it goin tho bin. peace 8)

oh yea, how's the page comin along?

By FLUENT Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:04 pm
i agree that this one sounds a step down from your other joints..but i can definitely picture this rocking for like a minute on an interlude, and it would sound mad hot, on some rza sht

By saintjoe Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:39 pm
i agree with the others, this one aint your best, but i feel smoove it would make a nice interlude, well, it could be a hot track with the right vocals, sometimes we forget these are instrumentals, which tend to come alive with vocals

keep it up

By binger0 Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:41 pm
haha thanks yall for peepin it. Just some shit i did at 4 am. i didnt want to just jack that loop so i went nuts with it. in the crate digger thread u can hear the original vers if u dont know it allready. i tried to make the whole joint just from that record.

By prizm Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:56 am
don't like the snare at all, gives it a 70s country-song vibe for me... the sample itself is flipped kinda interestingly.. the beat sounds like a spoofy intro or outro to a song... don't know if i could hear rapping on it, but i could hear a goofy ass blues-folk singer on it... creative, but wasn't diggin it yo.. sorry.

By DjChronoBeats Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:13 pm
not ur best joint but I liked it, I like how you make ur drums sound like they're being played live in the mix. they sounds a lil more real than primos drums.

By JAMES Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:04 pm
Nice...I like this track :)