Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Roccobagadonuts Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:23 pm
Don't have an MPC yet but im about to buy one. So I figure I should come here to where the guys are making recordings with them and start talkin to you guys, listening to your stuff and askin questions...

I sorta come from the old school days where I grew up playing guitars, bass, drums and stuff. In the classic rock and progressive rock styles. But also listened to a lot of James Brown, Funkadelic, G Funk Era stuff, The Roots and etc and etc... I usually do the music side of recordings then ill have a friend do the vocals as I just suck and that kinda stuff...

Anyways here's 1 of my tracks if anyone wants to listen it. Its a rather tweaked out 1st take improv based recording session. Where we just hit record a bunch and kept lettin it rip and lettin whatever it was be... Its our take on "The Crossroads"... Its a mashup of old school style progressive rock with new school style and who knows what else... Used an 80's Squier Strat thru a 78' Fender Champ for the guitar for anyone who is interested that kinda stuff... Ran the guitar thru an Ibanez CP9 Compression, Keeley Mod Blues Driver, Maxon OD9 Tubescreamer and a VanAmps Solemate reverb "pedal"...

Deal With the Devil

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songIn ... D=12372203
By CHOPFYT Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:54 pm
Hi
I like the back end/2nd half of this better than the first I think it sounds a bit messy at the beginning I dont know if thats just the mix or its something you were aiming for cos Ive def heard prog records that get crazy like that. I dig the vocals too I listened to and liked some of your other songs its not exactly my thing or normal go to but they were easy to listen to and I can hear youve put loads into them.

Peace
By Roccobagadonuts Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:03 pm
Thanks. Yea, the opening did get too filled up with too much going on at once for sure. I tried to fix it the best I could when we were doing it but we were pretty much just hittin the record button and lettin it rip over and over till it was done. In the end I only had so much to work with and that was about the best I could come up with out of we had done. Definatly wish I had better options and didn't have to use that as the start as it definatly became bit too much... But in the end it suited its purpose. We had fun and got free entertainment out of making it...
By CHOPFYT Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:21 am
Well thats what its all about dude, I hope I didnt come off too negative. I like the music its just not something I listen to often or have very much knowledge about so I cant offer you much constructive criticism. I like what your doing and would be good to hear more, Ill keep an eye out for you. Peace
By Roccobagadonuts Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 am
Nah, you didn't come off negative at all Chop. You just said what I pretty much think every time I hear it. Im always like damn I wish I had more to work with and was able to make that part better... Only had like 12 recorded tracks to work with during the open tho or somethin like that. And in then end the best thing I could come up with was usin a bunch of them in an attempt to come up with somethin... Didn't work tho and it was way to much stuff going on to start it all off. It was better then the other options tho that sounded even worse heh...