Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Youth1 Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 am
Hello. Hoping somebody could identify a sample please... I'm part of a creative network of sorts called Checkmate Industries. One of our main focuses is bringing back the west coast rip hop style of Kottonmouth Kings and Suburban Noize Records. We want to bring back that style of music but with our own unique and modern twist. But there are certain ICONIC sounds that we feel are essential and really want to obtain. I'm an owner of the Akai XR20 and one of the sounds I'm looking for sounds strikingly similar to 2 stock samples on the machine. GTRTHUNK and gtrPass1 are the names of the samples. Suburban Noize in house producer Mike Kumagai was an avid user of the big gray Akai MPC2000XL. So that lead me to believe maybe these sounds I'm looking for were actually stock sounds on the MPC2000XL??? (Which is why I'm even looking for answers on a forum like this) But if not stock samples a commonly used floppy disc? If thats the case how might I be able to obtain raw files of these sounds/samples? Best example of the sound/sample I'm looking for can be head continuously throughout the song SRH by Kottonmouth Kings. Its that single thunky pluck sound. Thank you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOB2mdizxCw