Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By JDSY Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
About a week ago I got an MPC Studio- and I made a track!

I also have a bunch of starts on tracks.

So here's the one that is pretty complete. I've been trying to reach out to local turntablists for some cuts on the track but haven't heard back.

I even think it would be cool to sing on this song but I tried lyrics and I don't think they work.

I'm pretty proud of it as is. If you want to help or offer feed back what else would make it a stronger track, let me know!

By NearTao Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:32 pm
A bit too dissonant for my tastes... and I say this fully well knowing I'm about to go off with some untuned gear and make awful noise... so take it with a grain of salt.

You've looped up your chops a bit too much, so it comes across as repetitive. There are a few ways around this... make longer than 1/2 bar loops... or if you want the exact same sound... make it an 8 or 16 bar loop and play it out by hand. Variances in timing and velocity can go a long way to adding more character and not straining the ear so much.

Seriously though, if this is your first time with an MPC, you're definitely doing great. Chops are sound, and I might say a bit too tight. Don't be afraid to add a bit more slop in there, use your ears and forget your eyes from time to time.