Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:24 am
:D

By S.K Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:25 am
Whatever dogg..... you won..

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:25 am
hahaha won what? he get a prize? do we get ur cd? I need a good coaster.

By prizm Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:26 am
S.K wrote:
prizm wrote:
S.K wrote:
Frankly wrote:
S.K wrote:
Frankly wrote:Seriously, please go learn about music first. Don't disrespect the art! Put your time into it, dedicate yourself if you are serious! Producing/writing has become a get rich quick scheme for many, and it should not be. No ones asking you to go out and get lessons. Fact is, most people in the industry are self taught. But they didn't try to skip any steps, and they weren't into the BS, they taught themselves right.

All music is built around chords. Sometimes, as few as one! James Brown, among other funk pioneers, often only built there songs around ONE chord!!! But still had that foundation of a tangible chord basis. Build your riffs, basslines, backings, etc around these fundamental chords!

No ones asking you to get complex with ur ish. Some of the most marketable music is simple as ****. Just listen to the Neptunes. To the untrained ear it might sound like theyre just hitting random notes, but theyre not...all of their music is still based around a progression.

Please, do the world a favor and respect the art! Learn, practice, implement.

Take this **** conrstructively, I wouldn't have taken the time to post that if I wasn't tryin to help.

since you wanna lecture me, what's wrong with this beat?
After reading all that you don't know? How much more clear do I have to write it? BUILD YOUR MUSIC AROUND CHORDS.

You also need to start incorporating some effects. The piano for example sounds extremely thin. You could EQ to fatten it up, maybe add compression to make it more punchy, but an overcompressed piano sounds bad. Definately add reverb. Chrono said it was stale, what you can do to fix that is add reverb/delay, that adds depth to music.

Simple drums can be good, but in this case it's just boring b/c the whole song is.

so the song is boring because it don't have effects, eq or compression, you hear the melody right, ?

no, its not just boring... the melody straight up sucks.. the drums make it even more boring.. when you make a beat, you should be creating a soundscape to invoke some sort of feeling in the listener... these beats don't do anything except annoy me, because nothing is musical about them. you press random notes and imitate played out drum sequences with cheap-sounding hits.. and if you want to bring it to that - yes, i'm living alone and supporting myself largely off my music these days. doesn't mean my critique is any more valid, but i guess you needed me to state that...

if you consider yourself a fan of hiphop at ALL, please refine your craft before trying to pimp wack **** for a simple dollar... a dollar you aren't even making from imaginary units or beat sales, at that. if you don't respect the art, or yourself as an artist, don't expect even the nicest cats to respect you, at all.

If my beats annoy you, man why you keep listening, :twisted: JACK go around my post pimpin, don't reply m/f, SHUT UP don't say nothin .. If they're so wack WHY DO YOU KEEP LISTENING!!!!!!!, STOP REPLYING TO ME.. IT'S THAT SIMPLE... sidewinder **** n-igga..

i think someone's mad that they have all the equipment in the world but can't make a single song that anyone likes. don't trip, like i said, if you want to "pimp" your wack game and try to profit off a culture you can't even attempt to rep properly, best believe you will be called out on it. even by nice guys who stayed out of it for the longest time...

now, you ask for feedback, get pissed off when you see it, but didn't improve on it at all. then you ask for more feedback. i think your shit gets worse somehow. maybe its just equally bad, hey, i guess your consistent.

i, like most of the others in this thread, are actually offended by the "music" you make and the way you front because it really makes all the rest of us aspiring artists look bad. you are the reason that independent artists are rarely given a chance. your shit is wack, inexcusably so. now, we all frequent this site to help build with one another and help each other out when we can - thats the whole basis of this joint. 99/100 cats tell you they ain't feelin your shit, and you come up with lame shit like "are you making money off this music?" - what the hell?? lmao, most cats on this site aren't, straight up. but then again, you are probably the single wackest producer on this entire site. i know 14 yr old kids who downloaded fruityloops and made better beats from the stock sounds than you did with your MPC.

now, what lame reason are you going to come up with to refute my criticism now? do i count as a "real artist" if you don't think the others do? step down sucka, i listened to your garbage. i'd be impressed if you managed to hustle 100 cds to non-relatives. shit, if you were on the corner pushing CDs every day and actually getting somewhere, someone would have beat your sorry act up for selling them the worst crap in the history of hiphop. you aren't hustling anything, no significant units, and definitely not any beats. aw hellllll no.

i feel bad for you if you think the rest of the world is as slow as you are. it really seems that way though...

By cooocooo1 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:27 am
flowers a cd, how bout I win the right to not have to watch the train wreck that is your garbage "career".

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:30 am
priz u usin to many big words. he aint gonna under stand half of it.

By prizm Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:32 am
binger0 wrote:priz u usin to many big words. he aint gonna under stand half of it.

:? well, how bout i break it down to this then: Sk1, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY YOU LOVE HIPHOP IF YOU KEEP TRYING TO **** IT UP THE ASS?????????

respect the music!

By S.K Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:33 am
prizm wrote:
S.K wrote:
prizm wrote:
S.K wrote:
Frankly wrote:
S.K wrote:
Frankly wrote:Seriously, please go learn about music first. Don't disrespect the art! Put your time into it, dedicate yourself if you are serious! Producing/writing has become a get rich quick scheme for many, and it should not be. No ones asking you to go out and get lessons. Fact is, most people in the industry are self taught. But they didn't try to skip any steps, and they weren't into the BS, they taught themselves right.

All music is built around chords. Sometimes, as few as one! James Brown, among other funk pioneers, often only built there songs around ONE chord!!! But still had that foundation of a tangible chord basis. Build your riffs, basslines, backings, etc around these fundamental chords!

No ones asking you to get complex with ur ish. Some of the most marketable music is simple as ****. Just listen to the Neptunes. To the untrained ear it might sound like theyre just hitting random notes, but theyre not...all of their music is still based around a progression.

Please, do the world a favor and respect the art! Learn, practice, implement.

Take this **** conrstructively, I wouldn't have taken the time to post that if I wasn't tryin to help.

since you wanna lecture me, what's wrong with this beat?
After reading all that you don't know? How much more clear do I have to write it? BUILD YOUR MUSIC AROUND CHORDS.

You also need to start incorporating some effects. The piano for example sounds extremely thin. You could EQ to fatten it up, maybe add compression to make it more punchy, but an overcompressed piano sounds bad. Definately add reverb. Chrono said it was stale, what you can do to fix that is add reverb/delay, that adds depth to music.

Simple drums can be good, but in this case it's just boring b/c the whole song is.

so the song is boring because it don't have effects, eq or compression, you hear the melody right, ?

no, its not just boring... the melody straight up sucks.. the drums make it even more boring.. when you make a beat, you should be creating a soundscape to invoke some sort of feeling in the listener... these beats don't do anything except annoy me, because nothing is musical about them. you press random notes and imitate played out drum sequences with cheap-sounding hits.. and if you want to bring it to that - yes, i'm living alone and supporting myself largely off my music these days. doesn't mean my critique is any more valid, but i guess you needed me to state that...

if you consider yourself a fan of hiphop at ALL, please refine your craft before trying to pimp wack **** for a simple dollar... a dollar you aren't even making from imaginary units or beat sales, at that. if you don't respect the art, or yourself as an artist, don't expect even the nicest cats to respect you, at all.

If my beats annoy you, man why you keep listening, :twisted: JACK go around my post pimpin, don't reply m/f, SHUT UP don't say nothin .. If they're so wack WHY DO YOU KEEP LISTENING!!!!!!!, STOP REPLYING TO ME.. IT'S THAT SIMPLE... sidewinder **** n-igga..

i think someone's mad that they have all the equipment in the world but can't make a single song that anyone likes. don't trip, like i said, if you want to "pimp" your wack game and try to profit off a culture you can't even attempt to rep properly, best believe you will be called out on it. even by nice guys who stayed out of it for the longest time...

now, you ask for feedback, get pissed off when you see it, but didn't improve on it at all. then you ask for more feedback. i think your **** gets worse somehow. maybe its just equally bad, hey, i guess your consistent.

i, like most of the others in this thread, are actually offended by the "music" you make and the way you front because it really makes all the rest of us aspiring artists look bad. you are the reason that independent artists are rarely given a chance. your **** is wack, inexcusably so. now, we all frequent this site to help build with one another and help each other out when we can - thats the whole basis of this joint. 99/100 cats tell you they ain't feelin your ****, and you come up with lame **** like "are you making money off this music?" - what the hell?? lmao, most cats on this site aren't, straight up. but then again, you are probably the single wackest producer on this entire site. i know 14 yr old kids who downloaded fruityloops and made better beats from the stock sounds than you did with your MPC.

now, what lame reason are you going to come up with to refute my criticism now? do i count as a "real artist" if you don't think the others do? step down sucka, i listened to your garbage. i'd be impressed if you managed to hustle 100 cds to non-relatives. ****, if you were on the corner pushing CDs every day and actually getting somewhere, someone would have beat your sorry act up for selling them the worst **** in the history of hiphop. you aren't hustling anything, no significant units, and definitely not any beats. aw hellllll no.

i feel bad for you if you think the rest of the world is as slow as you are. it really seems that way though...

man., just shut up..cause you wouldn't say sh1t to me in person..I'm done with it.. you're wasting my time..

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:33 am

By S.K Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:35 am
Now this what I call love... thank you to all my fans.. :)

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:35 am
see priz u gotta use pictures to help the retarded understand

By S.K Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:36 am
Boy yall some jealous m/f.. :)

By prizm Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:39 am
^ is that why you can't hold a candle to any of the points i called you out on?

:roll:

please don't get cocky now, boyo. don't even claim to be doing "big things" in the "industry," either. not around me, and i'm 18 right now. maybe you shoulda smartened up after the first incidents with all the other dudes tryin to be real with you. maybe your dad should have slapped you for putting out that garbage like any responsible adult relative would have.

By binger0 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:40 am
nah yo. im just like the hip hop police. i gotta call out wackness and try to dead it whenever i can. and u need to be arrested for the wackness u comin with. U really gotta look in the mirror and come to terms that u are not gettin the bentley this year. U need to put in some more work or pick up a night shift at dennys. i hear they always higherin cooks.

By cooocooo1 Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:40 am
You know what's really funny though is that when I first saw you come to this board and everybody started shitt*n' on your music, I actualy felt cats was bein too hard on you and was gon' post that while I didn't think your music was all that you obviously had a passion for it and was tryin' to hustle with it so more power to you but then you go and make fake identities and start givin' yourself positive feedback so I had to just let a ho be a ho.

So you come back later and seem to have grown up a lil' and start postin' more music with mixed reviews but you of course gotta e bang on the cats that ain't feelin your music so it starts all over again.

So then you get smashed in a battle and still got the sack to stick around and ask for feed on your music, I respected that. You even started takin the feed well, good or bad.

But here we are again, you all sensitive and mad cuz cats still ain't feelin your sh*t, and it is sh*t.

Now just so there's no confusion I'm gon' break down why you garner so much attention, it ain't cuz your sh*t is hot , trust me. It's cuz you are like a big ugly fat chick wit her titty out, it ain't pretty, nobody likes what they see but you just can't help but look. That pretty much sums up your status, you're the train wreck nobody can seem to ignore.