Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By jmk Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 am
Hi all :wink:
Presenting to you my new project with main concept is that all beats are sampled from trash cassettes!
Here is the first issue on Bandcamp: Trash Tapes Recycling Initiative Vol. 1 (by that link you can read more about this project, listen and download for free!)

By Lampdog Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm
NearTao wrote:Personally I would've probably tried to tone down the tape his a bit
By jmk Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:43 am
Yo guyz thanx! Really appreciate your feedback!
Regarding to hiss... I wanted to let hiss follow the listener on each beat to give no chance to forget that everything were sampled from cassettes. But anyway almost all samples were pitched down so it is already done what you suggested (if I got your suggestion right).
Thanx again!
By Lampdog Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:22 pm
It's cool but I feel the same way when I listen to lofi beats. Sometimes I feel some producers let the
lofi crackle, hiss artifacts stand out way more than the music/beat.
By jmk Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 am
I get your point! Seems we just like the different types of sound. And that is why so much different music exists :wink:
Anyway thanx for feedback! I'm really glad about my beattape became a reason of such discussion.
Spoiler: show
Lampdog wrote:lofi crackle, hiss artifacts stand out way more than the music/beat

All the time I thought that this is the main value of lofi beats :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:59 am
I really liked the tape too.

I mean your concept is “trashed” tapes, so I get it. I listened to it on my way home yesterday, actually was weird/kind of cool following the hiss in some of the samples with the beat. Example how the hiss was applied to individual samples and would follow the melody.

There is a few YouTube channels that you can submit your beat tape to that will play some of your beats on their streaming channel. This definitely fits those vibes. If interested and can’t find them just hit me up. I know a few.
By jmk Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:55 am
Wow thanx alot! It's nice to realize that someone can feel what I meant.

You can list these channels right here I think. It might be useful not only for me. Thanx in advance!
By Scrawny Thu May 06, 2021 8:18 am
Damn I didn't notice till you said that. The second one is beautiful man, love the intro to it as well, it worked out real well
Listening to the rest, I think you'd get some more people behind this if you left some of the samples without the 16 levels tuning thing, I guess if you are only sampling old tapes it depends on the material too though :shrug: