Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Who came with the most heat?

9%
27%
64%
By Eyalc Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 pm
Good luck fellas...

Some background... since this was a 60s Motown challenge.

This is actually the structure of a song that I plan to complete in the near future. Will upload for you all to hear if you're curious how this turns out.

Composed and mixed with the 60s Motown sound (drums panned hard one side, supporting instruments panned. Room in the center for the vocals). Vintage amp on the Wurlitzer and guitar (used instruments from that period). Focused on the Motown style and sound. Pictured a group like the Four Tops performing in front of a common Motown sound band... two drummers, EP, guitars, strings and percussion. Elements in many of the videos from that era.

And with that... CR and Danoc. I really like you guys, so...

HAHAHAHA
Last edited by Eyalc on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Cockdiesel Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 pm
havent voted yet but my first impressions are:

danoc- seems more Jermaine dupri than mo-town, but a solid track, none the less.

charles- it has that old school sound, was waiting for bill withers to start singing and tell me to have a lovely day.. lol

elyac- like a mike tyson uppercut of soul....

all three are better than what I would put up, and its amazing that yall can flip these out in a few days. Going to listen to these a few more times before I make a final decision.
By Eyalc Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:16 pm
Man, gotta cast a vote, and don't want to vote for myself.

Voting for CR - like the vibe and the feel. Reminds me of Motown for sure.

Danoc, I like your track, and in a 2018 - 2020 battle it would win for sure, but man that's 2018, not 1960s. Now I see why you were done in a day. LOL. Just messing with you man. Great track. But from a 60s perspective, gotta vote for CR.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:28 pm
You hit the 1960 mix and flavor out of the park. Hard not to vote for your track, you did an fantastic job. :smoker: If you don't get all the votes on this round, there's nothing I can say!

DANOC, that submission was good, but much more R&B Pop and didn't give the Motown vibe.

Eylac: Get my next 10 votes. :lol:
By Cockdiesel Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:38 pm
went with Eylac.

danoc-
pro- very nice sounding track. nice mix and vocals.
con- not retro at all, and the mug shot in front of the video takes away from the hottie in the thumbnail... just messing with ya

charles-
Pro- definitely followed the rules. nice sounding mix
con- leaves you wanting more. more of anything really. I think if you stuck to the original due date, you would have something more developed.

Eylac-
Pro- impressive instrument skills and good mix
Con- no dance routine, no pictures of hotties, and you make it hard to root for the under dogs....

all that said, I wouldn't know where to begin writing a r+b song much less mo-town style. hats off to all of you.
By Danoc Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:08 pm
Wait a dam minute!!! Don't yall hear that dam Motown HORN! :lol: Louis Armstrong horn hit yall betta help a brutha lol :lol: E and I had that Motown crowd thang going on. I couldn't believe you did the same thang lol :lol:

Oh l have like 6 gorgeous women that roll with me, and that was a tease of them lol l got them on speed dail not mute lol :lol:

Equipment I used:
1. Reason 11.2
2. Studio One for mastering
3. Roland 3080 quirky sounds
4. Triton VSTi for the Horn and chords
5. Drums are mine.

Ok time to promote. I will have the biggest drum tools coming soon!

Fantastic tracks guys. This shows the serious talent!
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:all that said, I wouldn't know where to begin writing a r+b song much less mo-town style. hats off to all of you.

Writing music is a blessing and gift since l was born and listened to my mother's records.
I can get an idea in a second, drums come to me in an eye blink. Once l understood music theory it was over! I never had music block. I have times where music is flowing in my head so much so that it could make me insane. I embraced it and contril it. I love music!
By Cockdiesel Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 pm
Sorry to eyalc, I spelled your name wrong. I don't think its going to confuse anyone in the voting, and I would have to remake the poll to make the change. So I do apologize for my mistake, but we will just have to make do.
Last edited by Cockdiesel on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:23 pm
Dudes can see lm not f***ing around on this music. Someone run go tell Smackdee (as ya always do) to vote against me. He'll be next on the Choppin block!
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 pm
Danoc wrote:Dudes can see lm not f***ing around on this music. Someone run go tell Smackdee (as ya always do) to vote against me. He'll be next on the Choppin block!

The track is good, but it's doesn't have a Motown style or vibe to it. It's more or a modern POP track. Is there a reason you went that direction?