Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Who came with the most heat?

9%
27%
64%
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:47 am
Danoc wrote:So its a sample of the Original Reggae song Dubbed?

"Dub is genre of music which grew out of reggae music in the 1960s, and is commonly considered a sub genre ... The verb dub is defined as making a copy of one recording to another."

Sobits not actually Reggae Music,

Correct, dub + toasting = Rap. That's why we use to rap over the break. Folks on the Rock, was doing that way before it hit the states. :smoker:
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:11 am
Cockdiesel wrote:think dub is taking your stems and playing them live from some sort of console and effects....
think a marley track but going nuts and playing the mixing board like a dj....

Yes, that why King Tubby was so good at it. He was the engineer and had all the master tapes recordings. Those who didn't have the masters, used the B side instrumental.
By Eyalc Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 pm
What up folks.

Just updating this thread. The instrumental from this challenge... I had mentioned that I'd be writing a song to release. Everything is written, and is heading into vocal recording next week. After that it hits mixing, then mastering.

This song will be released as a single some time in the spring, but I'll post here temporarily for you all to hear it. Then will have to take it down shortly after posting it.

I promised to share the song, so going to do that. Will update this thread in a couple weeks when it's done!

In the meantime... anyone hear that new Blue Soul Ten - Songs About You??? Haha - shameless self-promotion - Danoc, you KNEW I had to.
By Danoc Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:15 am
Eyalc wrote:
In the meantime... anyone hear that new Blue Soul Ten - Songs About You??? Haha - shameless self-promotion - Danoc, you KNEW I had to.

:shock: What in the hezzy :lol: he's at it again lol