Who got you backspinning on cardboard?

60%
N/A
40%
N/A
N/A
N/A
By NearTao Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:16 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Other ways you can achieve that Vocoder effect without one.

Use a Flanger, Ring, Pitch Shift Plug In and tweak them until you get it. I won't post the settings, because that would take out the fun. :nod: Any EURO rack heads have a hardware workaround? No settings, just hardware pieces.

There are a fair amount of straight up vocoders in Eurorack... though I think you're more looking for how to get that sound in this space without a straight vocoder.

The ER-301 is programmable, and people have coded up a few vocoder variants worth checking out.

I've tried and somewhat succeeded in getting a vocoder sound using Make Noise moddemix, you can modulate an oscillator with a vocal source, and then demodulate that signal with the same (or closely tuned) oscillator. It isn't really the same effect, but it can get you in that space.

Rossum Instruments Panharmonium does some crazy spectral analysis on a signal and can be used to break an incoming signal into multiple oscillators... it can get some fairly similar sounds to a vocoder depending on how you might break down number of oscillators, tuning, and a few other modulation targets.

I suspect that Intellijel Rainmaker might be able to get into the space of a 16 band vocoder, but as a delay effect I haven't quite dialed it into something that I think could fake it quite yet.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:59 pm
NearTao wrote:
There are a fair amount of straight up vocoders in Eurorack... though I think you're more looking for how to get that sound in this space without a straight vocoder.

The ER-301 is programmable, and people have coded up a few vocoder variants worth checking out.

I've tried and somewhat succeeded in getting a vocoder sound using Make Noise moddemix, you can modulate an oscillator with a vocal source, and then demodulate that signal with the same (or closely tuned) oscillator. It isn't really the same effect, but it can get you in that space.

So you achieved it with only piece? How about combining it with guitar flanger and pitch pedal?

Nice list!

ER-301
Make Noise moddemix
Rossum Instruments Panharmonium
Intellijel Rainmaker
By Eyalc Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:22 am
Original TR 808? Check.
Vocoder? Check.
Lead synth lines? Check.
Space age sounds? Check.
Soulful spin on a classic genre? Check.
An entry that would make Afrika Bambaataa and Egyptian Lover proud? Check.
An entry that'll sweep all the votes this time if y'all don't bring it? Check.

Y'all. Better. Be. Ready.

See y'all Friday.
By Cockdiesel Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:39 am
aint i have a half ass submission to put in. I dont want votes, just let me know how my mix is going. Charles said submit what I have and it's not really under the guidelines but a 4 bar loop I played keys over. seems I screwed the last song mode up. ill mix tonight and tomorrow if tracking out works alright tonight. Id rather not submit something so obtuse, but it it is what it is.
By Danoc Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:36 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:aint i have a half ass submission to put in. I dont want votes, just let me know how my mix is going. Charles said submit what I have and it's not really under the guidelines but a 4 bar loop I played keys over. seems I screwed the last song mode up. ill mix tonight and tomorrow if tracking out works alright tonight. Id rather not submit something so obtuse, but it it is what it is.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
By Cockdiesel Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:05 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Who's ready to pop, lock, groove, step, bop, wave, tick, bounce, and strut. :nod:

:lol: I'm only prepared to strut...

:lol: my uncle plays this loud as hell..... I actually like the vocal processing on the track....
jokes aside I submitted my half ass entry, its good to see it was operator error with song mode on the last one. not sure how it got messed up, only thing i can think of is i hit overdub once in song mode. who knows. let me know if my mix is better its a simple little beat.
By Eyalc Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Who's ready to pop, lock, groove, step, bop, wave, tick, bounce, and strut. :nod:

:lol: I'm only prepared to strut...
:lol: my uncle plays this loud as hell..... I actually like the vocal processing on the track....
jokes aside I submitted my half ass entry, its good to see it was operator error with song mode on the last one. not sure how it got messed up, only thing i can think of is i hit overdub once in song mode. who knows. let me know if my mix is better its a simple little beat.

Man it’s all good. As we all know, this isn’t really about the votes - other than getting to choose the next challenge. Well, maybe a tiny bit of bragging rights lol.

But the feedback and interaction is what’s WAY more important in a challenge. This is about us all helping each other get better. So I agree with submitting what you have, and giving us direction on what kind of feedback you’re interested in.
By Danoc Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm
:shock: E tiny bragging? From you ? :Sigh: You been bragging grandeur style. So much so YOU called it 3 PEAT! lol So much so CD been cheer leading for you! If that's tiny l don't wanna see your BIG bragging lol :lol:

Eyalc wrote: Well, maybe a tiny bit of bragging rights lol.
By saltmcgault Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 pm

I'll be tuning in to see what everybody came up with. :popcorn:
By Lampdog Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm
Bees80

Head-nodded the hardest to this one.

LOVE the spacy feel! Drum patterning is great, change-ups, fills also.

Crisp and clean on 3 of my audio systems, hits my subs hard while not bringing mud
or overpowering mids and highs.

The variety of changes in synth sounds is great also, some good classic low rumbling oscillations.

It made the wife pretend to uprock. Told her to stop cause I don’t want flowers Doctor bills.

She also liked others but we agreed on B.