Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

Who rocked the Synth-Pop Challenge!

45%
18%
9%
27%
N/A
By Eyalc Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:56 pm
Danoc wrote:E, What up mang! Yes going strong, I know dudes are in the lab rockin. I am doing my stuff also, just working hard. do your thang bro!

Thanks man! Nice. Glad you guys are keeping it alive.
By Danoc Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:01 pm
Keith's Lard wrote:I'll have a go at this during the week, not that i know what im doing :lol:

:lol: What up Keith,yeah man give it spin. More important HAVE FUN doing it. Glad you can join.
By peterpiper Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:35 am
Ok, basic sound and melody is made but still need much work (arrangement etc)......makin full length songs is unusal for me. I never really had fun making arrangements. I'm more of a 2bar loop type of guy :)
By Danoc Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:45 am
@Peter, no problem. Do your best and have fun.
Funny you say that. I use to hate arranging and mixing.
When l was younger l did the loop thing, l was told my track is good but it could be better if l knew how to make a song. So l studied how to arrange, then it became fun and put mind to challenge myself. That got me work, and l challenge myself to make a better arrangement. I have my formula for mixing and that has put me over the top and it's fun. No two mixes are the same.

Learn song format and then add your own jazz and you will be good. :smoker:
By bees80 Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:51 am
peterpiper wrote:Ok, basic sound and melody is made but still need much work (arrangement etc)......makin full length songs is unusal for me. I never really had fun making arrangements. I'm more of a 2bar loop type of guy :)

everyone is a 2bar loop type of guy :lol: :nod:
By Danoc Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm
NearTao wrote:2bar is for people who hedge their bets...

WTF :lol: :lol: fell the crap :lol: out
By Danoc Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm
bees80 wrote:
everyone is a 2bar loop type of guy :lol: :nod:

Bees80 <----please don't get him started :lol:
By bees80 Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:13 pm

I didn't know what that meant and i was i thinking something sexually related, but obviously that's just my dirty mind. ''gonna go home, give the old bets a mean hedge'' .. or perhaps if your girl is called betsy.

But google cleared it all up for me. I just wanted to share the above.
By NearTao Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:56 pm
bees80 wrote:

I didn't know what that meant and i was i thinking something sexually related, but obviously that's just my dirty mind. ''gonna go home, give the old bets a mean hedge'' .. or perhaps if your girl is called betsy.

But google cleared it all up for me. I just wanted to share the above.

Whatever you think it is, it is clearly way better than anything I could make up :D