Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Lampdog Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:36 pm
That’s video game “on a quest to save the flowers’ princess who’s always getting kidnapped for some odd ass reason” type shyt..
By NearTao Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:38 pm
@Charles...

Yeah... just listened on both my laptop and on my car stereo... I think mixing on my headphones/Live mk2 speakers is going to drive me crazy... my monitors are packed up... in between a long protracted move... and trying to make due with what I have that hasn't been packed up yet. Less than ideal... but I'm trying to get it to work.

Thanks for the feedback as always though :D

EDIT: woof to that bass... probably needs a little LPF filter on it to cut some of the buzz off... hmmm
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 pm
NearTao wrote:@Charles...

Yeah... just listened on both my laptop and on my car stereo... I think mixing on my headphones/Live mk2 speakers is going to drive me crazy... my monitors are packed up... in between a long protracted move... and trying to make due with what I have that hasn't been packed up yet. Less than ideal... but I'm trying to get it to work.

Thanks for the feedback as always though :D

You've been regulated to 3 inch full speakers, until you get that situation together. :lol:
By NearTao Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:You've been regulated to 3 inch full speakers, until you get that situation together. :lol:

That'd still be a step up from the 1.5" or so Live mk2 speakers... or the speakers in my headphones :lol:
By NearTao Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 pm
Not sure... though it is possible...

Here's day #10 track... just mixed in my headphones... it's about halfway where I wanted to get it... but my wife just flipped out about me making too much noise tapping the pads... so think I'm going to call it a day for now :D

Shutting down for a while... wish me luck :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 pm
NearTao wrote:Not sure... though it is possible...

Here's day #10 track... just mixed in my headphones... it's about halfway where I wanted to get it... but my wife just flipped out about me making too much noise tapping the pads... so think I'm going to call it a day for now :D

Shutting down for a while... wish me luck :lol:

Tap them harder and get her some ear plugs. :lol: But seriously, you need to learn how to press the pads, there's no need to smash the pads or buttons like The Hulk.

By NearTao Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:21 pm
I swear, not hulking out over here...

Anyways... here's day #11... trying to pull together some things I've been learning and practicing on the MPC Live...

By NearTao Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Taking it back to chops today... had a bass to go with it... but blasted it out... just wasn't settling well with the rest of the track...

By NearTao Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:51 am
A hot mess... there was something here... but was working on testing some stuff on the MPC 500... and couldn't get play start to work the way I want to kick into the 4 bars... so *meh*... also a few of the MPC 500 tact switches are a bit mushy. So... in the spirit of posting *something*... I mean this is something... but worth a pass for now.

By NearTao Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:52 pm
Alright alright... getting my head out of my proverbial butt... had fun putting this track together!

I think the hats... and probably double bass could use some help here... pitch bend on the double bass is a bit wonky... and the hats probably need a hair of LPF so they aren't so toasty... but pulled this together in about 45 minutes and don't feel like such a bozo today :D
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 pm
I know I’ve been a putz on this but my new headphones are coming tomorrow and new computer coming next week. I couldn’t post any music even if I tried. My windows desktop got the blue screen and now won’t boot up. This would be my second motherboard in 3 years. It’s a powerful computer but the stupid windows updates killing my motherboard is out of hand, and won’t be tolerated by me any longer.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 pm
Nice beat by the way. A little mixing and it would be there. Sounds great on my phone FWIW.
By NearTao Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Nice beat by the way. A little mixing and it would be there. Sounds great on my phone FWIW.

Thanks man... appreciate it... once I get done doing a track a day... at the end of the month... going to definitely go back through all of the ones I like and clean them up.

With the extra track it needs to be cleaned up more now... but whatever... I dig this one and will get it there... hopefully I'll find some extra time later today to do some more cleaning on it.