Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By CHOPFYT Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:15 pm
Yo!

I really like the samples and drums dude...I think the low end drowns everything out a bit and could be a little tighter or maybe just slightly lower in the mix but Im sure thats a minor tweak and it might just be my ear.

Keep it up bro....pzzzzzzzz
By Scrawny Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:55 pm
Ajax wrote:

Thoughts always welcome. Cheers.

Does the mask have anything to do with the song? It's the phantom of the opera mask isn't it?
By Ajax Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm
CHOPFYT wrote:Yo!

I really like the samples and drums dude...I think the low end drowns everything out a bit and could be a little tighter or maybe just slightly lower in the mix but Im sure thats a minor tweak and it might just be my ear.

Keep it up bro....pzzzzzzzz

Thanks, man. I’m admittedly the worst mixer in the world, so I doubt it’s just your ear. Ha. Appreciate the feedback.
By Ajax Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm
Scrawny wrote:
Ajax wrote:

Thoughts always welcome. Cheers.

Does the mask have anything to do with the song? It's the phantom of the opera mask isn't it?

Ha. How’d you guess?

Just kidding. The main sample is a cello instrumental version of the primary Phantom theme. Just google Antonio Banderas/Sarah Brightman. It’s a riff on that.
By Scrawny Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:48 pm
Ah I was just asking cause I remember checking out some phantom of the opera soundtrack but it was really boring I couldn't sit through it to find any sounds. The beat is cool but If that's the same record you flipped then it's even cooler. :worthy:
By Lampdog Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 am
If you put a tight grip on that bottom you could have something nice.