Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Lampdog Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:06 am
:?

By Ajax Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:16 pm
I can only assume he’s referring to how incredibly long the intro is, but who knows...

Personally, unless you’re dropping a finished track or there is a ton of movement in the beat (so, it’s essentially a true album-style instrumental, not just a beat you expect someone to later rhyme over), I think there’s no need to post something that’s any longer than a couple minutes.... and any intro that’s a minute+ is going to feel pretty unnecessary... Just my personal opinion. You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who’s really going to listen all the way through without fast forwarding.

That said, although the beat itself is a little outside my personal preference range (I tend to skew heavy towards boom bap and away from trap), the drum sequencing was solid and the melody itself was catchy in a dark melodic way. Hard to go wrong with spooky pianos... I could definitely see someone who is into this style really enjoying this.

Cheers.
By Cases Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:46 pm
That said, although the beat itself is a little outside my personal preference range (I tend to skew heavy towards boom bap and away from trap), the drum sequencing was solid and the melody itself was catchy in a dark melodic way. Hard to go wrong with spooky pianos... I could definitely see someone who is into this style really enjoying this.

Cheers.

Yeah I guess it was the intro as well, but we're not in the tape age anymore, just click forward xD.

Beat was a request and I got paid, not my cup of tea either. There is no pianos in here though ;). The one that can guess the scale and key it's in, gets a bag of Amsterdam solid green ;).
By Ajax Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:05 pm
Ha. Bells, piano, organ, piccolo.. whatever the hell they were, they were dark and cool.

It’s not really about just clicking forward, although I hear you. I guess I just a ouldn’t expect anyone to sit through 5 minutes of a primary loop with a minute+ of intro without the vocals added on a board like this. But, I can see it working with the vocals as a finished album track, if that makes sense.

Either way. This was solid. I’ll let some one else guess the key/scale. No music theory here, unfortunately.
By Cases Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Ajax wrote:Ha. Bells, piano, organ, piccolo.. whatever the hell they were, they were dark and cool.

It’s not really about just clicking forward, although I hear you. I guess I just a ouldn’t expect anyone to sit through 5 minutes of a primary loop with a minute+ of intro without the vocals added on a board like this. But, I can see it working with the vocals as a finished album track, if that makes sense.

Either way. This was solid. I’ll let some one else guess the key/scale. No music theory here, unfortunately.

It's mainly distortion on the bassline with EQ and panning, and some bells indeed ;). Most sound waves come from the basenotes, doubled the bass wav file and took out the lows, then panned EQ'ed verbed it. Made a good creepy atmosphere.

Thanks bro, appreciate it. And indeed, this aint the board for stuff like this. It's got not much to do with MPC material.