Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Lampdog Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:48 am
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:59 am
lots of nice stuff going on with this one. Honestly sounds like UK garage/grime but straight crip walk meets DNB vibe....
By NearTao Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:57 am
Yeah man!

Was waiting for some hard razor string chords to come in and knock my hair back. A lot of cool little elements going on here though, really slick production.
By Lampdog Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:23 pm
Cockdiesel wrote: straight crip walk meets DNB vibe....

I don't have a category to put this one in but your description sounds about right hhahahhahha.

NearTao wrote:A lot of cool little elements going on here though, really slick production.

And I ALMOST put distorted organs and strings in it but I didn't want it to get too noisy, I kinda wanted it to stay minimalist. I spent SOO MUCH time with mixing, fx and balancing elements everywhere with this I was tired of hearing it.

I think it came out cool though. Thanks!
By Ajax Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:41 am
I dig the intricacy of the drums. The snare and the kick samples are a little too digital for me, personally. Could have used a far amount of of filtering, But, that’s a personal preference.

This felt more like an exercise in what could be done than a beat for a song. Which is all good. I couldn’t see myself listening to it again, but kudos on the drumwork.
By DokBrown Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:01 pm
INTENSE workout sh@^
I’’ma play this 3-4x times before I hit the bag this weekend.

at certain points, i would open the filter up a bit more with some heavy resonance

Drop in some fred Hampton shouting / black panther adlibs for some heavy shit

Drop in some mystikal or KELIS shouting for a club banger
By Lampdog Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 pm
Ajax wrote:This felt more like an exercise in what could be done than a beat for a song.

I gave up on doing songs long ago, lol, I just make beats that keep me happy, I am my biggest competitor, more than half the time I'm trying to outdo what I just did.

DokBrown wrote:INTENSE workout sh@^
I’’ma play this 3-4x times before I hit the bag this weekend.

I didn't intend it to be that, BUT, I did the same thing this week and YOUR RIGHT, this shit goes hard when working out to it. I'll end up making a longer version sometime in the near future.
By DokBrown Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:37 pm

We have to be honest with why we do this ?

To get a “record deal”
Vs
Passing the time / sanity
Vs
Istandard / beat competitions
Vs
Mpc forum Bragging rights
Vs.
Impressing the opposite sex
Vs.
????

I gave up on the record deal idea after 2-3 years of making wack beats that my friend just laughed at ;-)

By Lampdog Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:43 pm
An enjoyable hobby, nothing more.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:01 am
Thanks for listening!
By Ajax Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 am
DokBrown wrote:

We have to be honest with why we do this ?

To get a “record deal”
Vs
Passing the time / sanity
Vs
Istandard / beat competitions
Vs
Mpc forum Bragging rights
Vs.
Impressing the opposite sex
Vs.
????

I gave up on the record deal idea after 2-3 years of making wack beats that my friend just laughed at ;-)

Ha. I never even thought I’d get a record deal. I do this solely to have fun.. usually late at night when I’m a little lit and have the free time, It’s an alternative hobby to the novel I’ve been working on for 10 years or watching Netflix or whatever.

Doesn’t change how much fun it is, at all.
By Lampdog Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:41 am
Ajax wrote:Doesn’t change how much fun it is, at all.

That FUN factor right there! THAT is what it's all about!
If you don’t enjoy it then that’s a problem.