Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Ultros Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:15 am
So... here is my first stab at the vocoder. It's not a full song just a few segments.

To be clear LOL I am a scrawny ass white dude from Canada. I am not gangster at all lolol. I like old school funk, motown, soul stuff so I guess that's what I try to emulate in my own weird way.

So anyways, here's a couple segments of me just freestyling lyrics and melody with the microkorg over a pretty basic loop I created. I ride scooters, thats my other thing so hidden in the washed out robot vocals is me talking about wheelies and booting around.

Feel free to mock, shame and ridicule my work I am pretty easy going about it and can take a joke or a stab.

*edit* please excuse my link, it will self destruct...
https://filebin.net/ttk21mrij4xxjdku/Ul ... t=87xtgtl9
By Ultros Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 am
Lampdog wrote:LL Cool J would have liked to work with you and this beat back when he needed love.

LOL!!! Maybe we can get him back for 2022.
By saltmcgault Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Ultros wrote:I'm gonna get cut up for posting my whack beats.

People might be brutally honest but I don't think you'll be sent to the chopping block. Post away.
By Ultros Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:01 am
Lampdog wrote:Nah, he lost that appeal long ago.

Someone else that's hungry needs to step up to it.

Really tho, LL COOL J has multiple platinum records. I have zero. Not even an asbestos record.
By Ultros Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:39 pm
Daft Punk did use it a lot didnt they. I do like some of their songs like "electronic funk", but yeah maybe i need to carve out a more unique sound now that I remember how to save patches. I like the stereo delay, but heh I hear it too now that you mention it.
By saltmcgault Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:35 pm
Ultros wrote:Daft Punk did use it a lot didnt they. I do like some of their songs like "electronic funk", but yeah maybe i need to carve out a more unique sound now that I remember how to save patches. I like the stereo delay, but heh I hear it too now that you mention it.

It's a cool track. The Daft Punk reference wasn't a cut.
By Ultros Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 am
The crazy mother @#$-er with the funk! (unfinished but its been fun to make) My shout out to california's influence on my taste.

https://filebin.net/xkmher4wggfq7wv9/Ul ... t=ky0d165r

The indiscernible lyrics:

It's that crazy mf with the funky bass
come back on the track just to funk your face
always git it popping when i bump the place
gotchu lookin f-in crazy like your drugs are laced
black caddy automatty what the f you say?
dont even get me trippin i got chips in play.
rollin in the indo in a purple haze
n i'll play you like nintendo in the worst of ways.

Shout out to compton, shout out to watts.
Yall mf's dun taught us lots.
64's and caddys, low riders rock
head lights on low down roll up the block