Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By PhilGox Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 am
Hello all,

I'm a french musician who likes to make tunes for long.
Fed up with computers I recently bought a MPC-One and tried to do whole songs with it.
Learning the MPC I've done this three songs using my instruments, the standalone MPC and... nothing else.

I'd like to have feedback about beats, mixing, sound etc...
Any criticism or ideas are welcomed as I'm still learning to use my MPC.
Thanks in advance and have a good day. :)
By MysteryV Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:19 pm
Cool stuff. I'm hardware only at this point as well (just the MPC live and nothing else). Unfortunately I don't play any instruments - which it sounds like you do.

Did you play all the strings?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like folks are particularly engaged on this forum. People just don't really respond a ton.
By PhilGox Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm
Hello, thanks for response :)

Yes I play all the strings.
(Bass, guitar and banjo)
Directly plugged from my pedal board to the MPC.
All the rest is programmed within the standalone.
Much more easy for me than messing with computer, latency, bugs, etc...
I'm still surprised all this machine can do, and I think I've not yet explored all it's capacities.

Have a good day :-D
By MysteryV Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 am
Yeah - I really don't get how NOBODY seems to comment on here. Is it just a low volume site (I'm guessing?)
By PhilGox Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:50 am
Don't know too.
I'm new on this forum.

I thought I would get helpfull criticism for my music here so I tried my chance.
May be people don't like it and they are too polite to tell me :D
Although I would not feel offensed if they did. :)
By MysteryV Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:24 pm
PhilGox wrote:Don't know too.
I'm new on this forum.

I thought I would get helpfull criticism for my music here so I tried my chance.
May be people don't like it and they are too polite to tell me :D
Although I would not feel offensed if they did. :)

I think it's a few things:

1) This forum is pretty low traffic - as are many forums in 2021. The traffic has become decentralized across forums, Discord, Reddit, etc. There's only so many folks to comment. That said - there also seem to be a low "comment to view ratio" which I don't understand.

2) It may be a genre thing. We're posting in an instrument specific forum - rather than genre. Maybe folks don't want to comment on music that isn't their taste. I'd never give input on classical or country music - I have zero knowledge of the subject.

Either way - if you post something and I see it - I'll listen to it. Just lmk.
By MysteryV Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:39 pm
Just listened to sweet strings again and really like the ... strings. Lol. Really easy to to listen to. If I were to tweak it, I'd add a little more character to the lead guitar - reverb or some other effect to fill it out a bit. I'd also consider adding a bit more variation to the drums (which is something I need to do as well). Create a new track or copy the current drum track (unless these are audio) - and change it up for the chorus part and verse part. Some fills / variation / etc.
By NearTao Sat May 01, 2021 12:32 pm
Got some really cool vibes, Sweet Strings is right up my alley!

As for the amount of comments, I suspect a lot of the long timers here kinda roll through and if you catch their attention on a "hey how do I do this" you'll get good discussion, but giving feedback/advice can be tricky and lead to getting folks upset.

@MysteryV... gotta say, every time I see those kicks with ketchup, I both groan and smile at the same time. It's a striking visual :D
By MysteryV Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm
NearTao wrote:Got some really cool vibes, Sweet Strings is right up my alley!

As for the amount of comments, I suspect a lot of the long timers here kinda roll through and if you catch their attention on a "hey how do I do this" you'll get good discussion, but giving feedback/advice can be tricky and lead to getting folks upset.

@MysteryV... gotta say, every time I see those kicks with ketchup, I both groan and smile at the same time. It's a striking visual :D

Hahahaha - totally get the commentary on both the feedback and the visual. :D
By Lampdog Mon May 03, 2021 4:56 pm
I've listened to all the tunes. Sounds good. Good vibes. I can't hear anything out of place (Listened on monitors not headphones). Critical listening on headphones is when I pick things apart. BUT, sounds all good.