Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Lampdog Fri May 07, 2021 9:14 pm
I like it. There’s never a break or change in harp patterning and that causes ear fatigue (for me). I can’t listen for too long. It IS a bomb ass start to a seeming cold (good) ass song imo.
By Ultros Sun May 09, 2021 1:45 pm
I like this, it has all the right sounds but lampdog is makes a good point about the harp. maybe when the harp cycles it's bars add up the pitch an octave for a bar or throw in the arpeggio at double or quad time to step the notes up before revolving and then shuffle those little harp fills so they dont hit the same? if it's sampled tho could be a pita... ignore me.
By NearTao Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Track is dope… but as mentioned… the harp needs some love.

A few super dumb tips to mix it up.

Chop The Harp into the four beats, now you can handle the notes individually… so instead of the chops 1-2-3-4 you can do stuff like 1-1-1-1 or 1-3-4-4 or whatever… just a *tiny* change to get somebody to wonder what just happened.

I also sometimes like to chop something like this into 8 notes evenly, unlink, and have 1/3/5/7 notes play the full note, while 2/4/6/8 play only the tail of the note. Just need to adjust the full notes… and not forget to unlink your slices.

I’d also consider copy/reversing your loop. With 4 slices, this effectively means that 4/3/2/1 is your new pattern to play the same notes, but in reverse. Can give a really different sound, and can be good for drops/breaks where you want to keep it in the same family, but feel a bit different.

Anyways… just a few dumb ideas :D
By Lampdog Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Cases wrote: I got lazy....

I do this ALOT.
By bitermc Sat May 22, 2021 12:10 pm
I love it, and won't say anything about the harp that hasn't been said already :mrgreen:

Seriously, it sounds DOPE.