Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Jamo Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:38 am
I have created a new channel on YouTube and want to share my new track with you, it is inspired by classic late 80s electro / RnB. Featuring mostly the Roland D-50 and some Yamaha DX21 (Solid Bass and bells). Drums are actually 100% Amiga. I have no access to a real vocalist and personally cannot sing, so Emvoice "Lucy" does the vocal work. Hope you like it 8)

By OKJoy Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:56 am
amazing vibes, chords and drums, this is super fresh my dude. I think you really captured the spirit of the mid to late 80's boogie/funk jams

when I heard the vocals I thought it was some sort of vocoder effect on a live singer, it sounds very cool to my ears
By Jamo Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:57 pm
OKJoy wrote:amazing vibes, chords and drums, this is super fresh my dude. I think you really captured the spirit of the mid to late 80's boogie/funk jams

when I heard the vocals I thought it was some sort of vocoder effect on a live singer, it sounds very cool to my ears

Thank you for those kind words OKJoy! That means a lot, and I am very happy to hear that the vocal came out good! I want to bring in some vocoder stuff in later tracks.