Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

By OUTTHERENJ Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:03 pm
i dont really get a down south vibe from this. it has more of a movie score feel

By PROTEGE Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:48 pm
I dunno dawg I'm from TX and I aint feeling it. Not everyone in the South make beats like Lil Jon. We gettin stereo typed cause people like him. What a shame.

By ONE Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:08 pm
PROTEGE wrote:I dunno dawg I'm from TX and I aint feeling it. Not everyone in the South make beats like Lil Jon. We gettin stereo typed cause people like him. What a shame.

PROTEGE - Well, regardless, when I was in the south...the vast majority of Hip Hop I heard was stuff done on keyboards like lil john, cash money, swishahouse, etc. No one's saying that nothing BUT those kinds of styles come from those areas, but regionally speaking there are certain styles of Hip Hop that dominate certain areas. The simple keyboard style just happens to dominate The South.

OUTTHERNJ - Yeah I feel U! The track doesn't have that bouncy, crunk, club feel to it. It's a more serious piece. Movie score ish...yeah I agree. It would work well in a horror or a thriller.

I wasn't trying to emulate the music that I heard Down South, but I took some things from it, and I intend to keep experimenting with it.

By FLUENT Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:08 pm
im not really feelin it either, its too plain. and that is a shame, cuz doom is from the ATL and his music sounds nothing like that. but if u tell someone hes from the south they expect the track to be featuring the ying yang twins . its always gonna be like that tho

By FLUENT Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:09 pm
movie soundtrack stuff, word, i hear that too..

By ONE Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:10 pm
FLUENT wrote:im not really feelin it either, its too plain. and that is a shame, cuz doom is from the ATL and his music sounds nothing like that. but if u tell someone hes from the south they expect the track to be featuring the ying yang twins . its always gonna be like that tho

I didn't know Doom is from ATL. I thought he was from brooklyn or something. You are talking about the same Doom that got the Gas Face and had Peach Fuzz right?