Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By ludwigoos Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:03 am
hello mpc users,

when I create, I am constantly behind catching that preem feel. I don't know what it is, but his beats are just special to me. They are simple but not simple at the same time if that makes sense. The swing he gets from the samples alone is utterly crazy if you ask me.

But enough, back to the beat.
I created this beat a few days ago, cutting up drums and samples trying to get everything tight. first i hated it all, like every time i make beats i just hate them (you're your own worst enemy i guess). after i hated the sample enough, i deleted it and went back to my record collection and searched for something else. don't ask me how i found this sample i don't remember, but i recorded it into my xl cut it up & played it over my drums, and i instantly felt something premier-ish. believe me when im telling you that i was so damn happy. after finishing the beat, i tried to create something like an intro. i had a few pads left i hadn't used for the main beat itself and just played around with them. literally after the first few minutes i had it all figured out, it all fit perfect. listened the beat for at least 72 hours straight. after that, i live recorded the beat into my 404 and resampled it maybe a million times to get everything how i wanted it.
and now im here, posting the track and hoping to maybe get some feedback on it.

hope you are all healthy and living the good life.

peace

the italiano
By spunky Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:41 pm
I like it and i can feel the primo vibe. It's not there just yet, but definitely going towards him :-)